PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking Metformin while Pregnant?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

claudia_73
Mon, Feb-21-05, 21:46
hi! I am new here. I am from the Philippines and was diagnosed with PCO 3 years ago. Weird thing is that all my female cousins have PCOS so I guess it's hereditary and runs in the family. I haven't had a regular period since I was a teenager but I am not overweight, I don't have facial hair. I just am sooo irregular and my ovaries are bigger than normal...

I am not 7 weeks pregnant thanks to Clomid and Metformin. My question is, my doctor wants me to continue with metformin even if I am PG, well for the 1st 12 weeks only. Has anyone taken Metformin while PG?

ohno
Wed, Feb-23-05, 23:09
:thup: congrats...i am from sri lanka ,when i was pregnant i just took insulin ( gestation diabetes ) ...i also became pregnant due to metformin and clomid

anyway in pregnancy the less medicine the better :agree: