PDA

View Full Version : After Work outs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

besoge
Mon, Feb-14-05, 19:45
I have probs getting to the gyms at times because well, im lazy. I force myself to go atleast 3 times a week, i have noticed that i feel great and refreshed after a 5 mile run, do you guys get the same feeling? I feel like i have accomplished something after those runs and am working towards a goal, it really makes me happy.

nets33
Tue, Feb-15-05, 18:48
Good for you besoge!

I feel like I lost my bum after I finish my 20 minutes of HIIT (I've been averaging about 2 miles)... but since I've always hated to run it's not surprising. I do feel awesome about what I've accomplished though - I used to struggle with getting 1 mile in 20 minutes when I first started a year ago. I've come a long way since then!

camaromom
Wed, Feb-16-05, 07:24
Some people talk about an "endorphin" high during/after exercise. I've read some recent magazine articles that debunk that theory. All I know is that I feel great after a work out and I always feel badly if I skip. It is now part of my daily routine. Took me 5 months to establish it as a routine, but its now as important as my shower, brushing my teeth and breakfast.

besoge
Wed, Feb-16-05, 07:41
same here, i only miss a workout if im really! sick or if im on vacation. I havent missed one in a while and cant imagine what the day would be like w/o it.