PDA

View Full Version : Fruit, grains & Protein

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kristyn
Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:59
Can you eat fruit and grains with this diet. My sister said she tried this diet a few years back and said she lost some hair and got gallstones. I can't see this WOL being that harmfull but she
said a high protein diet is bad for you.

Thanks

Kris

r.mines
Sat, Oct-13-01, 13:20
Which plan are you following? Your profile says Atkins. Have you read the book? If you have, you'll know that grains are not allowed, and most fruits are not allowed.

Some other low carb plans are not as strict as Atkins and allow *strictly limited* portions of fruits and grains. Check the Low Carb Comparisons forum on this site.

It's really important to choose a plan carefully, read the book(s), and follow the plan to the letter. Otherwise you will be disappointed with the results, and you could endanger your health.

Rachel

Karen
Sat, Oct-13-01, 14:01
Doreen has written an exellent reply on the matter of gallstones and dieting. It's here. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=32347&t=2775#post32347)

I've been with this WOL for over two years. You would think by now that I would be bald, have gallstones, no kidneys and high blood pressure. ;)

Karen