PDA

View Full Version : Unknown weight?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4beans4me
Tue, Feb-08-05, 10:59
I'm trying to enter several items as Custom Foods, and I have no idea what the weights are.. :help:

tamarian
Tue, Feb-08-05, 11:30
You can use the item's label to get the portion's weight.

Wa'il

4beans4me
Tue, Feb-08-05, 11:41
It only gives the weight in mL's...

??

ljw32
Tue, Feb-08-05, 11:56
30 ml = 1 oz I can convert it for you if you tell me what the wt is. I can try to explain how to do it but don't want to confuse you so if you tell me the wt I can try to write in what I did to get the answer. What do you want it to be? Oz, G, Cup?

LC-Laur
Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:51
I have the same problem - I'm trying to enter my Diet Coke into my custom foods and have 355mL, now I found this: "Milliliters into Grams: Multiply the specific gravity of the substance by the number of milliliters, to obtain the weight in grams." Uh... how the heck to I get the specific gravity? Does anyone just happen to know how many grams are in a 12 fl oz can of pop?

tamarian
Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:54
Check this thread for more details:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=233220

I'll see if we can add a little popup with conversion help.

Wa'il

4beans4me
Fri, Feb-11-05, 08:57
I'll see if we can add a little popup with conversion help.

Thanks! :)

tamarian
Sun, Feb-13-05, 12:07
There's a new link on the custom food entry, that will list many of the common conversions, including a couple of fluid conversions to weight.

Wa'il