PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sandi24
Sun, Feb-06-05, 19:22
That FMS sufferers cannot give blood or be organ donors ???

I only found out yesterday through my web browsing. I was wondering if anyone else had known about this ?

I guess its because our illness depletes the immune system and obviously we would'nt want to pass this on to another poor soul that has enough problems already being in need of organs etc. it's just something I hadn't contemplated before.

Just seemed weird to me though as so many doctors still dont believe the condition actually exists yet they ban us from being donors...

sandi

bigted
Sun, Feb-06-05, 19:57
I have RA (Rheuamtoid Arthritis) and as soon as the Red Cross (back in those days before Cdn Blood Services) found out I was done for life. It had nothing to do with the meds I took all to do with the disease. Although I figured out I had been donating for years before I knew.