PDA

View Full Version : What the heck?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Crowis
Wed, Oct-10-01, 11:40
I've been lurking on this board for quite sometime now. And I do love this board, so I figured it was time for me to post a message.

My main question is this. If this is a pro low-carb site, then why does 2 out of every 3 studies I read here discuss the negatives of low-carb dieting. I think it must be very difficult for some of the people on this site to maintain their faith and dilligence when faced daily with constant reminders of how everyone thinks low carb diets are poor for your health and future.

I personally would rather like to see more positive studies posted, or if anything, intelligent and well thought out (with foot-notes even) rebuttals to those negative articles when they are posted as opposed to leaving them as is.

Thanks

Mike

tamarian
Wed, Oct-10-01, 11:49
Welcome aboard Mike!

Good points! I think it's about time we start commenting on the published articles, and possibly post them at the bottom of each article with a link so readers can read the comments and add to them. More like a "debunk" approach. :thup:

As to having more positive studies, these are quite rare and only show up once in a while. I'm always on the look out for those, and if anyone find such studies, please post them here and they will be added.

Wa'il

Crowis
Wed, Oct-10-01, 11:58
I understand about the infrequency of positive low-carb studies. And I agree with your debunk theory. It's time to let the numbers speak for themselves, and in my best Yoda voice "and speak for themselves they will." I also noted your incredible weight loss. . . great job Tamarian.

Mike

Natrushka
Wed, Oct-10-01, 12:47
Originally posted by Crowis
think it must be very difficult for some of the people on this site to maintain their faith and dilligence when faced daily with constant reminders of how everyone thinks low carb diets are poor for your health and future.

You'd think we'd give up woudnt you? :) Add to the media all the **** we get from friends and family members who read those same articles. Personally, I just shake my head, nod and say nothing, knowing full well that I've lost 36 lbs, dropped my blood pressure to the healtiest it has ever been, and lowered my triglycerides as far as they've ever been - In 7 weeks. I also think back to my years of low fat / low calorie anguish where no amount of exercise or "healthy" eating worked.

Let them eat cake ;)

Nat

Crowis
Wed, Oct-10-01, 12:48
Indeed. . . let them eat cake (GRIN)!