PDA

View Full Version : Pie Pumpkin

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jalera
Mon, Oct-08-01, 20:30
I made this pie:

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-cake08.html

but substituted coconut and a bit of soy flour in the crust for the nuts (I'm allergic) for Thanksgiving today and it was delish! Even my older brother who is my biggest critic said so!

Mom wouldn't try it when she found out I used coconut in the crust. She's been brainwashed by the low fat diet her doctor recommends.

I'm hoping to show her my lowered cholesterol results in about a month!!!!!!

spongebutt
Sun, Mar-30-03, 21:13
I wish I could find a low carb pecan pie recipe. Nobody knows one. Too bad.

But this sounds great. I'll have to try it.

wcollier
Sun, Mar-30-03, 21:27
Originally posted by spongebutt
I wish I could find a low carb pecan pie recipe. Nobody knows one. Too bad.

Spongebutt:
You could try this one but I think it requires some specialty items.

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-specialty15.html

Wanda

spongebutt
Sun, Mar-30-03, 22:29
Thanks. :clap:

As a second note: not to be weird, but you're purdy, Wanda. :)
Wish my hair looked like that.

wcollier
Mon, Mar-31-03, 09:41
Thank you Spongebutt. It's amazing what a hair dresser and a little makeup can do. ;) I was a bridesmaid. Pictures of me are few and far between (I hate getting my picture taken) so I had to go with that one for my atavar.

Let me know if you make that pecan pie. That pumpkin pie looks great too. They are both my favorites.

Wanda

spongebutt
Mon, Mar-31-03, 09:46
I hope to be able to try them.

My picture there (my avatar) is the one of the best pics of me around. I, too, was at a wedding. Well, getting ready to go one. My DH's uncle was getting married and we were singing at the wedding. Had to look nice. :P