PDA

View Full Version : Fruit-2-O

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bluugirl
Mon, Oct-08-01, 17:56
FYI, I found these drinks called Fruit-2-O...sweetened with sucralose. It's just fruit-flavored water (not fizzy). Found them at TARGET, but they were unfortunately $$$. A small ~12oz bottle was $2.50 .

Meeker
Mon, Oct-08-01, 18:30
What ever happened to sugar free kool-aid?

ChattyKat
Thu, Oct-11-01, 12:30
I thought the sweeteners ending in "ose" were not good for you?

Natrushka
Thu, Oct-11-01, 12:33
Originally posted by ChattyKat
I thought the sweeteners ending in "ose" were not good for you?

Sucralose is Splenda, it is not sugar like dextrose or maltose.

N

doreen T
Thu, Oct-11-01, 12:51
I like to think of sucralose as ending not with "ose" .... but with "lose"

;)

Doreen

Atriana
Thu, Oct-11-01, 12:53
I don't know if you have a Sams wholesale store near you, but they have them there and they sell them much cheaper that that, about $9 for a case of 24 16oz bottles.

bluugirl
Thu, Oct-11-01, 13:04
i'm getting hooked on sparkly water.. it's pretty good!... i think it's also called 'club soda' am i right? it's just carbonated water. it's also good to mix half and half with diet juice drinks to lessen the 'sweetness'.
i've never tried kool aid.. i'll try it out.

Lessara
Thu, Oct-11-01, 13:07
I looked up sucralose and there are statements that now they think that 50% to 75% of the potential sugar are absorbed by the body than the 0% that was previously thought. :confused:
I looked it under a site recommended here... I'll try and find it.
Also when I was drinking 3- 16oz bottles of it, I stalled. :eek:
Just a warning.

John2001
Thu, Oct-18-01, 16:01
I personally just love this stuff :)

I buy it at Costco Warehouse for just under 10-bucks a case.

Sam's Club is a little cheaper at about 9-bucks a case. (don't have a membership there, a freind does )

*I get 4-cases at a time and the frig's top shelf is only for it!

Cheers, John

PS: Personally have not stalled from drinking it either.