PDA

View Full Version : Vegi Pizza

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mtmomof5
Sun, Jan-23-05, 18:20
Here's a great modification of the popular Vegi Pizza made from Pillsbury dough that is just great!!!

For a full cookie sheet:

Crust:
2 cups almond flour
3 eggs
3 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
3/4 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp caraway seed or italian seasoning (whatever suits your fancy)

Spoon into cookie sheet or pizza pan in mounds all over pan. Spread by covering with wax paper and rolling with rolling pin or a cup. Bake in 350 oven for 5-8 min. Cool.

Topping:
8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/2 package ranch dressing mix (you could just use 1/2 cup ranch dressing instead of the mayo and mix)
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup red or green pepper
1/2 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup black olives
1/4 cup ground flax (for good measure-opt)

Cream together first three ingredients. Spread over the crust and sprinkle on the vegis. I served this at a winter family party and it went fast. Nobody new it wasn't the Pillsbury dough version. (I want to get the M.S.G. and whatever other bad ingredients are in the Ranch mix out of this recipe so if anyone knows of a good Ranch recipe or ready made product, let me know!

The crust is from a SCD website by John Higgins and the topping is just from the Pillsbury Vegi Pizza recipe you can find anywhere.

kiwigal
Wed, Feb-09-05, 23:23
mtmomof5..you haven't got a journal!!!..pop into mine for a ranch dressing recipe!