PDA

View Full Version : Waffle-Iron Burger Buns -- AWESOME

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cococarby
Sun, Jan-09-05, 16:56
I found this recipe on a large thread at lowfriends.com and tweaked it a bit, the results were amazing!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Atkins or MiniCarb Bake mix
1/4 cup CarbQuik
1/4 cup Hood 2% milk
1/2 tub whipped cream cheese
1 egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion flakes
1 pinch baking powder
1 pinch salt

Preheat waffle iron. Beat cream cheese with a mixer until soft. Add remaining ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter. Use a large spoon to drop batter onto waffle iron and cook until each is done. I got 10 "buns" from this recipe.

When all of the buns were made, I wrapped them each in paper towels in kind of a "dome" shape and put them in the freezer. Then, the next day I took 2 out and put them in the toaster to defrost and crisp them. Besides the waffle iron grid texture they were the perfect bun shape and size! I loaded one with a burger, cheese, lettuce, tomato, a few pickle slices and lc ketchup, topped it with the other one and voila! It was the best burger ever!! I highly recommend trying this recipe if your getting tired of bunless burgers! It tasted just like the real thing! I will post a picture of the finished product in the recipe forum the next time I make one, because it will make you drool!

According to my calculations, each "bun" is around 65 calories and 2 carbs :)

Brenjmull
Tue, Jan-11-05, 09:10
funny that you should mention this recipe,, I too made these from that other site and I am sitting here eating a roastbeef sandwich on a bun that I just defrosted and toasted from the freezer,, they are so good, I might try your tweaked version next time I make these.