PDA

View Full Version : Sweetcake's Weight Loss Journey to Success!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sweetcake
Thu, Dec-16-04, 12:36
I started low carb dieting in Feb 2004. Before I started my diet I weighed about 230 pounds and now I am down to about 130 pounds. So in 14 months I have lost 100 pounds. I am 5' 4" tall. I have gone from a size 22 down to a size 5/6 and I am very excited! I have been extremely overweight almost all of my adult life (about 20+ years). A few reason that I decided to finally try to lose weight were actually seeing what I looked like in my vacation pictures taken in Jan 2004. I felt like crying when I saw those pictures. My oldest daughter got married in November 2004 and I wanted to lose enough weight to look good for the wedding. I also suffer from lower back pain and was always tired lugging around so much extra weight on my small frame. Since I have now reached my goal I have added back complex carbs and all fruit back into my diet. I will never add in the bad WHITE stuff again to my diet like white flour, regular pasta, white rice, and ALL SUGAR! I am very committed to keeping the weight off and staying this size for the rest of my life! Since I have lost 100 pounds I feel so much better... I have more energy and feel so much better about myself. I joined this forum in late August after I had lost about 75 pounds all on my own. It was so much easier to lose the last 25 pounds with all the help and support of everyone in this forum... to those people I extend my gratitude! For those reading this who are just beginning their journey... please keep at it! If I can do it .. you can do it... just take it one low carb day at a time!

lisaissa
Thu, Dec-16-04, 14:13
You look fantastic. Reading your story has given me the burst of energy to make sure I am also a success. You look like a totally different person.

Dewi
Thu, Dec-16-04, 14:26
Hi Carol,

What an inspiring story...and I love the slideshow!

Dewi

Sweetcake
Thu, Dec-16-04, 19:48
Thanks for the nice comments!!

ErinRN
Sat, Dec-18-04, 10:59
Thanks you so much for your slide show. It made me cry. You look fantastic and are a trus inspiration!

Erin

ausgirl
Sat, Dec-18-04, 14:18
That slide show is fantastic. You are truely an inspiration.

Ausgirl

bob2112
Sun, Dec-19-04, 07:25
Thanks for sharing that great story. Best wishes for your future!!

zedneser
Sun, Dec-19-04, 07:42
Congratulations on your success. The difference in the before and after pictures is truly amazing. You look so much younger.
It's very inspirational.

Galadriell
Mon, Dec-20-04, 11:47
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Remarkable success, determination. I hope you stay around to share your experience, wisdom.

HILARIOUS slide show :D

Eva

Maureen721
Sun, Dec-26-04, 16:07
Wow, I'm so impressed. I am so inspired. You look 15 yrs younger too. Congratulations!

KatCanDo
Wed, Dec-29-04, 10:46
WOW!! is all I have to say. I am on Day 3 and sooo motivated by this. I will make sure I come back and read this over and over throughout my journey... This is truly wonderful.

DollGirl
Fri, Dec-31-04, 13:39
You look amazing. Your show made me tear up!
Could you tell us how you did it, i.e, what was your general plan, caloric level, and did you eat LC products? (Or maybe link if you have posted it elsewhere?)

BriansMom
Sat, Jan-01-05, 16:11
CONGRATULATIONS! :Party: :Party: :Party: :cheer: :cheer:

You look amazing. Thank your for sharing your story-you are right-its a journey one day at a time!

THANKS and congrats--you look marrrrhvelous!

Sweetcake
Sat, Jan-01-05, 18:41
You look amazing. Your show made me tear up!
Could you tell us how you did it, i.e, what was your general plan, caloric level, and did you eat LC products? (Or maybe link if you have posted it elsewhere?)

I basically ate nothing but meat fish and veggies eggs and cheese in order to lose the weight. I have now added back in fruit and only complex carbs. I still do not eat the bad white stuff like white rice, white bread, regular pasta, and all sugar! I did not count carbs or calories, but tried to eat low carb and low calorie in order to lose the weight. I evaluated everything I put into my mouth and made sure that above all else that it was healthy for me. I also was very determined and did not cheat until I ate wedding cake at my daughter's wedding recently. Over my recent business trip and the holidays I have gained back 3 pounds but now am back on track and will definately suceed in losing the last 4 pounds very soon. My New Years resolution is to make it to the gym at least 2 times a week in order to tone up and gain muscle!

Kristine
Sun, Jan-02-05, 10:22
Wow! Congratulations. :thup: :thup: What an inspiring journey. You look great and must feel great, too!

Cool slideshow. :cool:

SkyMedic
Mon, Jan-03-05, 12:59
WOW! Awesome inspiration. The slideshow is great and brought tears to my eyes. You did it! How fantastic, and how encouraging for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing your journey.

jynekng
Mon, Jan-03-05, 16:44
I want to tell you how much you have inspired me I would like to lose about 100 LBs and at times I feel its hopeless.Every year I try I lose a little but never what I really want to. I have tried many diets over the years so I thought I may try this one I got to the gym 3x a week I don't know much about eating carb free so any info you can give me would be a great help.
Thanks
Jane

Brsuga71
Thu, Jan-06-05, 00:28
Sweetcake, you & your family must be absolutely proud of you! Your slide show was awesome and as others have posted, shows 2 different women. ;-) You look fit, young and happy. Congrats on your success and I'm sure with your determination it will continue. Thanks for the inspiration. :wave:

rumdum
Fri, Jan-21-05, 18:30
AHHHHH! You look AWESOME! Good for you and congratulations! I hope that I can look that good and lose that weight just like you. I'll be looking through your pictures again for inspiration*

iris 1976
Sun, Jan-23-05, 11:05
hi you have given me hope and insperation i have just started so have a long way to go yet

my sons wedding is august and i hope i can do as well as you

congrats iris

krisleys
Tue, Jan-25-05, 22:34
I caught one of your posts on another forum and you really inspired me. I have only lost 7 or so pounds so far and was getting discouraged until I read your journal = Congratulations on your loss and continued success. I hope I can do what you have done and keep it off!

ladyk1202
Thu, Jan-27-05, 15:19
undefined
You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I WATCHED YOUR SLIDE SHOW AND WAS FILLED WITH TEARS. YOU ARE A GREAT INSPIRATION, I'M NEW TO THIS AND WHAT A WAY TO START

Sweetcake
Sat, Jan-29-05, 18:24
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!!!!

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-05-05, 07:32
I am at a loss for words this morning.... I have been weighing myself every day since I am so close to goal and this morning the scale said 129.5!!! I can't believe it!!! It has taken just about a year but I have finally made it!!! I am so happy and thrilled today!!! I hope that the number sticks.... even if it does not I know it will eventually!!! All for now... gotta change my stats and then get ready for work...

galatia
Sat, Feb-05-05, 09:45
I am so happy for you. Thanks for keeping such a great picture diary. And for sharing what you ate. You look marvelous! :)

gottolose
Sat, Feb-05-05, 15:15
I can't get over how great you look!!!!! You have to be so proud! Because I know I am PROUD of yoU!!!!!!! wow!!! such an inspiration to me! I LOVE TO LOOK AT YOUR STORY BECAUSE IT MAKES ME KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

Miss H.M
Sat, Feb-05-05, 15:17
You are a shining example of positive thinking and pure determination!! I am so happy for you Carol! I hope you never leave us! your journey and words of wisdom are priceless! Your slideshow is unbelievable and so truely inspirational...if they ever had to advertize our web site here, I'm sure you would be the biggest success story they would use!! anyone have a tissue? (((hugs))) cheryll ;)

iris 1976
Sun, Feb-06-05, 04:28
well done you look great

Linda Sue
Tue, Feb-08-05, 13:16
Wow, i just watched your slide show and i loved it. you have really inspired me with your photos.

I just want to say you look great. you look like a diffrent woman. you easily lost 10 or 15 years from your pics.

congratulations.

Sweetcake
Thu, Feb-10-05, 15:15
Thanks so much everyone for all your well wishes and congratulations!!! It really means a lot!!!

Talla
Mon, Feb-14-05, 15:21
Hi.
I just watched your slideshow. What an amazing job you have done. Congratulations !!!
Oh yeah....the slideshow presentation was adorable !!

Ohio Kim
Wed, Feb-16-05, 13:45
I LOVE the new pictures. You look incredible and are an inspiration to all. :)

scottjan
Thu, Feb-17-05, 20:10
You look great!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences!!!!!

Sweetcake
Fri, Feb-18-05, 18:02
Thanks so much everyone.... I appreciate all the wonderful comments and all the support!!

hifive
Fri, Feb-18-05, 19:27
I LOVE that slideshow! What software did you use to make it? It is so cool to see you actually...shrinking. Great that you kept taking photos all along.

BTW, you have great legs (Xmas photo in black tights)!

Cheers

Lucy

chefmichel
Thu, Feb-24-05, 18:46
Hi Carol,
Thanks for taking the time to share your story and your pictures. They are a great inspiration and a testimony to your strength and determination. You look just fantastic, very inspiring.
I'm trying so hard to lose the last 15 pounds, at 5'3'' I know that the last little bit makes such a difference.
Thanks again it was just wonderful.
Michelle in Toronto.

LOWCARBR
Fri, Mar-04-05, 17:15
:cheer: :cheer: that has to be the most inspiring and cutest for goodness sake slideshow. You guys gotta see it!! it's marvelous!! and what an inspiration. i gotta lose about 100 too as i'm praying and working out and be patient for my miracle to happen too!! wow i can imagine myself 100 lbs lighter bouncing around in my new wardrobe showing a lot more skin and feeling fine about life again!! :lol: :lol: :D thanks for sharing your story!! p.s. i agree, everyone on here is the best in the whole world for support!!! i love you guys!! :D

drina39
Sat, Mar-05-05, 14:27
What an incredible accomplishment.You are my inspiration ! WOW..You look great !!

Amazing job putting that slideshow together...it was amazingly well done :thup:

Sweetcake
Sun, Mar-20-05, 08:08
Thanks again everyone!! I appreciate all the nice comments... it really means a lot to me!

Nathalied
Sun, Mar-20-05, 12:16
Good for you, thank you sharing your story!

cmebethin
Mon, Mar-21-05, 10:13
[B][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Navy]Hey Carol - You have done incrdible, bet you feel alot better!!! Dont ya? Your pics look gr8, can you remember if you stayed on a strict diet all the time? How long did it take you to lose 32lbs-Can you remember? Feel free to send me all the tips and suggestions you have :wave:

FabByFifty
Mon, Mar-21-05, 10:45
CONGRATULATIONS! WHAT A CHANGE, WHAT AN INSPIRATION!
You should be proud of yourself, you have done a wonderful job!
Thanks for sharing the story with us!
Brenda

Night-Owl
Mon, Mar-21-05, 20:59
Your Slide show was Wonderful !!! Your Determination is Inspirational !!! Your Achievement Fantastic !!! Congratulations and Best wishes to you and your loved ones
Night-Owl

Rachelle
Tue, Mar-22-05, 13:22
I just now noticed that you had a story up here.. You are an amazing and sweet lady.. and I appreciate you sharing your story.. you are very motivational to me :)

lmsclark
Sun, Mar-27-05, 22:20
Your slideshow was great.What a beautiful lady you are.What an inspiration you are to lots of people.Congratulations on a job that isn't easy!!!!

FabByFifty
Sun, Mar-27-05, 22:39
What incredible success!!! :thup: You have a fantasic slide show, and a fantasic journey to tell of! You look GREAT! And you have got to be very, very proud of yourself, and you should be! :D
You look so different! What an Inspiration!!!
Good Luck and God Bless You!
Brenda

This is my second post on your thread, but you have come so far, and it just inspires me every time I see your slideshow! :thup: :D :) I just had to post once more to tell you how Inspiring you are!

Sweetcake
Thu, Mar-31-05, 11:07
Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments you guys left in my success journal... I appreciate it very much!!

Sweetcake
Thu, Mar-31-05, 11:08
Sorry....Double Post....

slimmerme
Fri, Apr-01-05, 15:00
Wow you look beautiful! What an inspiration! Thanks you for sharing your success.

catcookie
Wed, Jun-15-05, 14:45
Wow! You look awesome!! Great going!

HappyLC
Fri, Jun-17-05, 15:50
Thanks you so much for your slide show. It made me cry. Erin

Me too! I wasn't sure I wanted to admit that those pics brought tears to my eyes, lol. Thanks, Erin, for saying it first! :lol:

missymagoo
Sat, Jun-18-05, 16:16
you look great. you have done a great job. keep up the good work. sue

kelsie4
Mon, Jun-20-05, 08:18
Congrats!!! YOu look terrific!!! Did you follow the Atkin's plan? How about exercise?

annette72
Mon, Jun-20-05, 15:01
Congratulations!! What an amazing thing you have accomplished. You will be my inspiration as I start my weight loss journey. I picked up the pictures from my 33rd birthday party yesterday and I was horrified. I woke up this morning and vowed to change.

Sweetcake
Tue, Jul-19-05, 20:46
Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone... I basically followed my own type of low carb plan and only ate meats, fish, eggs, cheese, nuts, basically any kind of protein and all veggies and nothing else for over a year. I have now added back in fruit, and complex carbs in moderation. So far I am doing well maintaining my weight between 125 - 130 pounds. This morning the scale said 125.5.

superaunt
Wed, Jul-20-05, 11:15
VAVAVAVOOM!!! What an incredible transformation!!! Truly inspirational!!! Thank you sooooo much for sharing your story! Gives us hope!

Sweetcake
Sun, Nov-19-06, 12:30
Thank you very much!

fluffybear
Wed, Nov-22-06, 15:32
Wow! You look terriffic!

I LOVED your slide show. :clap: You should be on TV! It was so neat!! And YOU are very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing with us on the board.

Judynyc
Wed, Nov-22-06, 16:25
Truly inspring success story!!

Well done!! :thup: :D

SusanKH
Mon, Nov-27-06, 18:26
Wow, Carol, what an accomplishment - I bet you feel fantastic!!!

Norag
Tue, Nov-28-06, 13:39
Whoa! that's an amazing transformation.

Sat, Jan-13-07, 17:05
You look great. Well, I'm just starting, but I've lost 12 lbs already and I'm really excited about my new WOL. Taking it one day at a time.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/AussieTPP/Animated%20Stuff/3cf61eba-1.gif
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-03-07, 15:00
Thanks so much!!

Stew1988
Wed, Apr-15-09, 07:57
I did not think it even possible to look that good again but you have given me hope. Beach vacations used to be my favorite until being well over 100 pounds overweight with my 5 foot body. You have proven that it is possible and I am hopeful that my next beach vacation I can look as good as you do.

AphroditeP
Tue, Jan-17-12, 20:11
I just love your success story :) You look amazing. I am new to this WOL and I plan on putting my all into it and never giving up. Thank you for the inspiration. :thup:

iamrebecca
Sat, Feb-11-12, 06:50
Thanks for the inspiration.

gbell1
Wed, Apr-18-12, 19:30
Great JOb - you are so inspiring :)

BlastFemur
Tue, Apr-24-12, 11:22
Wow, you could be ME! Same height, same starting weight & pant size, same goal weight. I don't know if you still post around here (I just started myself), but I hope you know how much you've inspired me.

Your current eating setup is my exact goal, too. I really want to eventually add fruit and whole grains back into my diet, and it's so motivational to see someone who can get there and still look so amazing.

THANK YOU!

RRB3
Mon, May-07-12, 12:44
You look amazing! Thank you for proving - there are no excuses!