PDA

View Full Version : Standing in one leg of jeans

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mb99
Sun, Nov-28-04, 19:39
BF gave me an ultimatium to CLEAN OUT MY JUNK OR HAVE IT THROWN OUT. Which, is, fair enough actually, becuase I have a serious problem in this area!!

Anyway, when I was at my largest I pretty much wore the same pair of jeans everyday. I didn't have much clothes becuase I hated to go shopping when so fat :(. I pretty much decided to lose weight becuase of those jeans, becuase they got that thing where the thighs wear down and then they got holes!! I couldn't face buying a new pair of jeans!

I found them today and I remembered those ditzy weight-loss product ads were the people stand in one leg of their fat jeans saying 'I'm half my size!'. Well, I gave it a bash, and it worked!! Standing in one leg with the waist of one leg around me.

Wholly crap, stuff like that helps you keep in perspective how MUCH it is you lost. I still don't believe that I was ever THAT big, but hey, I was!

camaromom
Sun, Nov-28-04, 19:54
You rock. That is awesome. I think I'd keep those jeans around for inspiration. LOL Keep up the great work.

Vydor
Mon, Nov-29-04, 06:34
You prbly should keep those as a reminder of how big you could get if you fall back in to old habbits.

4beans4me
Mon, Nov-29-04, 11:09
WOW!! WTG!!!!!! :yay:

DaddioM
Mon, Nov-29-04, 11:34
WOW..save those pants!!! Toss out everything else... but save those!

WOOHOO... congrats on your success!!

Mike

rachelratz
Mon, Nov-29-04, 19:28
I think that is great!! I was never as heavy as you when I started out. But we are the same weight now! I thought I really pushed my weight loss to the max, but that is nothing compared to you. Maybe you will post your success stroy. I would love to know how long you have been thin.

MommyCow
Mon, Nov-29-04, 19:32
Congrats!!!!

Kathy54
Mon, Nov-29-04, 20:09
I must admit, I can not throw out the pair of jeans I used to live in!!
I think we all need to save one thing to reflect on to keep us on track.
Congrats as well.
Kathy

ausgirl
Mon, Nov-29-04, 20:22
Thats incredible! You are an inspiration!

rachelratz
Mon, Dec-27-04, 17:02
I was digging though my coat closet today and I found my old size 14 overcoat. I tried it on, and I looked like the abdominal snowman. You would not want to see me after dark in it. I plan to keep it, not as a souvenir, but to wear with twenty layers of sweaters underneath. Today, it did not reach the upper 20's. Besides...it is the warmest coat I have bar none. I got it from Land's End. The only other thing I kept of my old weight, was my swim suit. That hangs to my knees now. That I will keep to remind myself of what I was.

Kristine
Sun, Jan-02-05, 10:40
I'm a bit of a pack rat myself. I'd throw away everything else, but keep those jeans.

...or turn them into a purse. (http://www.teengirlclothing.com/Jeanpurse.html) :D

motherofth
Sat, Feb-05-05, 16:12
WTG mb99!!! any chance you'll take a picture and put it in the gallary that would be interesting to see!

Kathleen1
Wed, Feb-16-05, 19:47
Great Job :Party: You have given me incentive to keep going :wave: