PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store Poducts

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lowcarbjo
Mon, Oct-01-01, 17:55
Hi... I'm quite new to this site but have been looking through it and I have a question. Are there any products (ie bread mixes ) that I can purchase at a local grocery store? I know that I can find some sauces and drink mixes, crackers ( all low carb of course) etc.. at Super Store, Save on Foods etc..? I see so many products for sale at the on-line low carb grocery but I would really like to know if I can just go to the local store for these? Thanks. Jo.

tamarian
Mon, Oct-01-01, 18:07
Hi Jo,

Welcome aboard. There quite a few place in Vancouver to get low-carb supplies. I've seen the Atkins bread mix at Choices supermarket. It was quite expensive, and I personally prefer my own mix (listed in recipes).

Click on low-carb tools from the menu above, and find the low-carb yellow pages. You can do a search on BC, which will list a lot of stores and what products they carry.

Wa'il

Karen
Mon, Oct-01-01, 18:18
Jo,

You don't need any "products" to follow this WOE successfully. All you need are fresh proteins and low-carb vegetables. "Products" have been the downfall of many new to this WOE, so take care.

Take some time to read through the Journals here. You'll find many, many people losing weight and improving their health immensely without faux foods.

I noticed in your profile that you haven't filled in LC books you have read. If you haven't read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution yet, read it before you begin. It'll be the best ten bucks you've ever spent.

Karen

lowcarbjo
Tue, Oct-02-01, 16:11
Hi... Thanks. I guess I was just looking for the "bread" options to use in some of the recipies I've found and yes the Atkins mix is expensive. I also heard that it is not too good but that I don't know for sure. I will look up the mix recipe thanks. I have read the Atkins book, plus I've read the Carbohydrates Addicts diet, plus lots off the internet, there are lots of good recipies out there. Thanks for the input!! Jo.