PDA

View Full Version : can anybody help me please

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisa123
Mon, Nov-22-04, 04:35
I havent been low carbing long and was hoping to start with induction but have been advised against it as I am currently breastfeeding my 8month old baby . My question is can someone help me with some advise on what I should start of with now while I am breastfeeding. People have recommended maintaince phase to me but I dont have alot of information on it anyway if anyone could help that would be great thanks lisa ;)

mammac-5
Mon, Nov-22-04, 11:42
Although breastfeeding is a very special circumstance (congrats on your new bundle!), there are things you can do right now that will not be harmful to your milk supply.

It couldn't possibly hurt anyone to stop eating anything with sugar in it. That alone will probably help you feel more energetic and lose some weight.

Also you can cut out all refined grains. No white flour or cookies, cakes, crackers, etc. made with white flour.

If you cut out all sugar, cut out refined grains, drink lots of H2O and get all your carbs through veggies, whole grains and occasional fruits, you will not be doing anything harmful to your milk supply while getting yourself free of a large amount of daily carbs.

My sister started low-carbing a few months ago and that's exactly what she did. No flour, no sugar, limited fruits/juices. Even though she was never in ketosis she has lost several pounds and a couple of sizes. In addition she feels wonderful and energetic!

Dewi
Mon, Nov-22-04, 12:18
Hello,

Stay at maintenance level. You dont want your body going into ketosis.

Congrats on the baby, and good luck.

Kathy54
Tue, Nov-23-04, 09:50
If you cut out all sugar, cut out refined grains, drink lots of H2O and get all your carbs through veggies, whole grains and occasional fruits, you will not be doing anything harmful to your milk supply while getting yourself free of a large amount of daily carbs.

I agree with this, just leave out the white stuff from your diet :)
Eat to keep satisfied, don't go hungry and you will lose by following this.
Stay away from anything with aspartame, (diet pop ect.)

Kathy