PDA

View Full Version : need a few ideas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

butterflie
Fri, Nov-12-04, 20:54
Does anyone else here have a extremely picky 7 yo? LOL This is going to be a rough time at first because my son is a sugar junkie. He has gained too much weight and I want to get him away from the sugar and start eating healthier foods. I don't have problem with breakfast, snacks, or lunches. He loves water and flavored waters and also loves skim milk. So those are not issues. I have a big problem with dinner ideas for us. He is extremely picky and I am having a hard time putting dinner ideas together. He will not touch beef in anyway unless it is a taco. (love taco salads) He loves chicken and fish but will only eat them one way. The only veggies I can get him to eat is corn and lettuce. Any ideas? Any suggestions?

TarHeel
Fri, Nov-12-04, 21:02
Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, since I have no children, age 7 or otherwise, but I wonder if he would eat taco meat on lettuce? I'm also not knowledgeable about south beach....but if you can find Doritos Edge out there...if so, buy them fast because they are being discontinued, your son might find them good with the taco salad. As he's only seven, I see no reason that he couldn't have corn once in a while. Maybe as part of the taco salad?

How DOES he like chicken and fish? It's hard to make suggestions if we don't know what his tastes are like.

Kay

liz175
Sat, Nov-13-04, 08:06
The book by Ellyn Satter, How to Get Your Child to Eat, But Not Too Much , was very helpful to me when my kids were younger. Both my kids were chubby as pre-adolescents. I followed the advice in the book and at their current ages (almost 15 and 19), both of them are slender and eat a reasonably balanced diet. They also both seem to have a healthy relationship with food -- no signs of eating disorders. Click here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0915950839/102-5669532-8598508?v=glance) for the amazon.com link to the book if you are interested.

Good luck to you!