PDA

View Full Version : I bought Sea Bands...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PAcarber
Fri, Nov-12-04, 09:15
Hi ladies...

On my day off after grabbing a bite to eat and still getting no relief I recalled someone mentioning Sea Bands. I stopped at my local Eckard and purchased them right there. I prefer more holistic/natural methods and figured I'd try them.

Almost immediately...no lie...did I experience a change. It may have been mind-over-matter at that exact moment, but I didn't care. I remained home the rest of the day and even though I didn't feel as queasy, my stomach and head still hurt...I just stayed very still and watched the tube. That evening I was actually able to eat without that gagging feeling. It wasn't a full improvement, maybe a 15% improvement but it was the only thing that made a difference. The one thing I discovered was that 'motion' i.e., driving in a car, still brought back the all the original symptoms. Driving to work the next morning just about did me in. I actually had to tell my boss (which I wasn't planning) because he was ready to call an ambulance for me (I lost all color and could barely walk).

That was yesterday and I made it through as I am making it through today too. Again...it's not an absolute cure for me but at least I can function a little bit better...I still move slowly but a little better.

The one thing that bothers me is that above my thumb area gets tender to the touch. It must be pinching a nerve or vein or something. I have a move and stretch them quite a bit.

Just sharing....hope all of you are well... :wave:

Fireball
Sat, Nov-13-04, 20:34
Hey PA!

I'm sure even that little bit helps! I'm so sorry to hear you are still so sick! Feel better soon!!! :)

C-u-lean
Sat, Nov-13-04, 22:50
I used those when I was pg with dd. They did give some relief. Not entirely, but enough to get me through that first trimester!