PDA

View Full Version : Reddi whip vs. the real thing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cococarby
Sun, Nov-07-04, 16:03
Now that on maintenance, do you think its okay to switch from homemade whipped cream w/ splenda to reddi whip extra creamy in a can? I know that its made with sugar and that those tiny serving sizes can add up... but its SO much cheaper and way more convenient when I just want a little bit for my sf jello. It also a lot lighter on the calories which I think is better for maintenance. Also, I know that apparently Land o Lake's makes some that is sweetened with splenda, but ive yet to find it. Do you think that the <1 gm carb per tablespoon should still be avoided even though I'm on a relaxed maintenance plain?

4beans4me
Sun, Nov-07-04, 16:05
I personally don't think it's a biggee. I use the Land-o-Lakes, but that's only because I can find it. :thup:

Vydor
Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:56
Well, prbly if you keep the serverings small and far between it should not impact much... personaly Im sooo spoiled by homemade, I dobut I could go back! heh

Kristine
Mon, Nov-08-04, 18:23
Heh heh - if you can actually keep a can around without emptying the whole thing directly into your mouth, go for it! ;)