PDA

View Full Version : Ross Chocolates in Canada on the web

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sharon
Mon, Nov-27-00, 15:07
While surfing today, I came across a website that sells Ross Chocolate bars.

The URL is: lowcarbdelights.com

$1.75 each though....

tamarian
Mon, Nov-27-00, 15:13
Excellent find Sharon! Is it 1.75 all included (tax/shipping/handling)?

Wa'il

Jen
Mon, Nov-27-00, 16:26
I just checked their website. 1.75 without shipping or taxes. They ship by Purolator for $l.50. Has anyone tried them? Any good? Maybe I'll order some. Jen

tamarian
Mon, Nov-27-00, 16:56
I just added them to our Shopping/Online section. Who knows, after they succede their prices may become more competitive.

Wa'il

P.S. Sharon, thanks for submitting the Ontario distributor info, I added it to our Ontario list.

Sharon
Mon, Nov-27-00, 17:48
I just ordered a box of bars from Sweet Choice Distributing, $1.00 each, plus Canada Post. There are either 35 or 40 to a box though...I'm sharing mine with 3 other people, so if you know others, this is probably cheaper...BUT 1.50 for shipping isn't a bad deal either.

Jen
Mon, Nov-27-00, 17:59
I misread the order form. $1.50 is for the handling charges, they say they ship by Purolator but don't specify the amount. I just e-mailed them for some clarification. Sorry to have mislead you. Jen

tamarian
Mon, Nov-27-00, 18:01
Yes, I also added Sweet Choice, too bad they don't have a web site. I've put them on the Ontario page. Do they ship to all Canada?

Wa'il

Jen
Mon, Nov-27-00, 18:34
Recipient Name Not Recognized. I sent two e-mails. Hummmm...???

tamarian
Mon, Nov-27-00, 18:43
I sent them an email a few hours ago (to let them know we added them). No errors so far.

I would suspect handling charge is shipping charge? If no answer is received by email, we can call them up, it's a toll-free number :)

Wa'il

IslandGirl
Tue, Dec-05-00, 01:43
Tamarian, did you get some info on whether Sweet Choice ships to all of Canada?

I'm seriously considering putting Ross Chocolates on the LC 'co-op' page, but would like some more background info.

Matter of fact, any members interested in Ross chocolates, please E me below or post to the Forum "LowCarb Co-op" section, and let me know what flavours you'd like most and whether or not you can get them anywhere near you at this time. It would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks for your support!

tamarian
Tue, Dec-05-00, 13:05
I got the answering machine when I called, but the info I got says they use Canada Post, so they most likely ship to all Canada.

I think the web site, belongs to someone else in Ontario too http://www.lowcarbdelights.com
and they ship to all Canada as well.

Wa'il

Deirdre
Tue, Dec-05-00, 14:42
Didn't somebody say that the area code for Low Carb Delights was for the Thunder Bay area, same as Sweet Choice - isn't that the distributor in Thunder Bay? Am I getting totally confused?! If they're both in Thunder Bay, I would suspect that they are one and the same? Quite a co-incidence if not! I suppose it could be someone else in the area that is buying them from the distributor, then selling them online.

tamarian
Tue, Dec-05-00, 15:04
You're right Dierdre, I mistakenly thought 807 was a toll-free number. But the numbers are still different and the area code covers a wider region. In addition, the individuals' names are different (I had some email correspondence to get their logo to post in our online shopping section).

Wa'il

Norma June
Tue, Dec-26-00, 08:50
My computer was sick and was in the 'puter hospital. I have had to start fresh & reload everything. I've lost all my bookmarks though and there was one that I wanted to check on but can't remember the URL.

Does anyone remember the name of the company and it's website .... the one that makes LC drinks with Splenda? I think it's called Amazing Drinks or something. Their website was taking a bit of time to get up and running and I hadn't visited it.

Anyone remember it?
ciao, NJ
(Norma June - Barrie, ON)

p.s. Cold enough for ya? Brrrr, I HATE winter!

tamarian
Tue, Dec-26-00, 13:28
Hi Norma,

I think this is the one:

http://www.excitingdrinks.com

No longer under construction, but didn't see any sugar-free stuff.

Wa'il

Norma June
Tue, Dec-26-00, 16:06
Thanks Wa'il,

They sell Virgin Cola (diet has Splenda) and Jones (Slim Jones with Splenda). I can't find any of these products anywhere. I heard 7-11 sells Virgin Cola but we don't have 7-11 here in Barrie, ON. Jones (slim jones) is a writeoff, they have to have the worst marketing of any company ... nobody sells the diet stuff and they haven't a clue at their Canadian or US head office.

ciao,
NJ

IslandGirl
Fri, Dec-29-00, 14:39
I'm amazed. There's so much interest in sources for the Ross Chocolates, but NO-ONE ever E'd me about them from the previous posts in this thread.

If there is enough interest, I will add them to the "CO-OP" webpage. They would be about CA$1.50 ea (VERY reasonable compared to US$1.75) and shipping would be Canada Post (either Regular or ExpressPost) which is very reasonable. Can ship to the States, too, I believe.

Let's hear from you if you're intested, at the email address below.

Bonnie
Thu, Jul-05-01, 11:46
Not sure whether this site has been posted here before or not but was mentioned over at the LC Canada e-groups site....have had folks in the US and parts of Canada still looking for a way to purchase these bars and this site was pointed out to me today... checked it out myself for the first time... have no idea of credibility etc. but they are offering free samples and it seems like they ship to the USA.....

http://www.torontodirect.com

:) Bonnie

tamarian
Thu, Jul-05-01, 12:44
Hi Bonnei,

All I know about these guys is they spammed us before despite our warning, and for this reason I didn't list them in our online shopping section. :mad:

Low-Carb Delights, based in Ontario at http://www.lowcarbdelights.com sells online to Canada in $CDN and to the U.S. and I've come to know the owner Cathy, who's a member here as well.

Hope this helps,

Wa'il

Bonnie
Thu, Jul-05-01, 13:00
Thanks Wa'il,

Good to know....thanks for supplying the other website...

Deirdre
Wed, Aug-08-01, 21:33
I just got my order of Ross bars from Torontodirect.com
I highly recommend them. Excellent customer service, they answered all my questions before I ordered. They will send a free sample. The order arrived within a few business days and even in this heatwave they weren't melted. They send out discount offers fairly often and if you join their "club" you get a discount.

Bonnie
Thu, Aug-09-01, 07:26
Yes, I received a free sample from these folks as well Deirdre and thanks so much for posting this info...