PDA

View Full Version : [Montignac]A newbie needs some help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zrn
Wed, Oct-27-04, 18:38
:wave: Hi everyone,

I am going to try Montignac next week. I bought the book and some supplement tablets from US specially for this plan. I didn't see any one in this forum has metioned any pills, therefore i am really wondering if it is necessary for me to take the tablets.

Since I am from China, most of my daily food is cooked(mainly stir-fry, stew). I know carrots have big GI difference between raw and cooked, is that going to happen for some other vegetables? Do I have to eat all vegetable uncooked? If i have to eat all vegetable uncooked, i don't think Montignac will be the best plan for me.

Another question is how many times a week I can eat rice? I understand I should not take rice at Montignac phase I, but I will take a little basmati rice. Is there any rice lover can help me?

Many thanks

Michelle :)

Iluv2cook
Sat, Apr-02-05, 23:18
I see this is very old but will answer anyway. Carrots and tomatoes are the only non-starchy vegetables that become high g.i. when cooked. You can rice with any 'carb' meal. Avoid it at 'fat' meals.