PDA

View Full Version : Pork rind pancakes..wow!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Apk
Wed, Oct-27-04, 10:29
I read somewhere on here to use crushed pork rinds in pancakes. Well this morning I added pork rinds to my regular LC pancake mixe (flax meal, protein powder, bran, egg, splenda, maple extract) and they were the best LC pancakes I have had yet! The whole kitchen smelled like real pancakes and they were fluffy and didn't crack like my previous pancakes. mmm :yum:

marciazzz
Sun, Oct-31-04, 18:54
How much did you add compared to the total receipe? That sounds really good. I find the lc pancake mixes toooooo bland.

Apk
Mon, Nov-01-04, 23:32
this is going to sound like a dumb measurement, but 1 sandwich-sized ziplock bag of whole porkrinds (they take up less room once crushed) for one serving (I only made them for myself) I guess it made up about 1/3 of the batter. Sorry I'm not more accurate!

marciazzz
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:13
Thanks, I'll try that this weekend. I don't mind unusual measures - it actually help me - now i know how you crushed them also!