PDA

View Full Version : Green tea

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Justin_UGR
Mon, Oct-25-04, 15:41
HEY...... anyone drink green tea? I've heard it helps speedup your weight loss.

Also, can you drink regular unsweeted tea on this diet?

Apk
Tue, Oct-26-04, 17:35
I drink green tea with a bit of stevia sometimes. I don't know if it speeds weight loss, but it does help me get rid of cravings for sweets. If you're allowed to have caffine, then regular tea is fine. I try to have green tea, because I don't like regular tea without cream and sweetner...so it ends up being higher in carbs for me.

LukeA
Tue, Oct-26-04, 18:08
I drink about 4-6 cups of tea a day, and generally half of that is green tea. I have done this for ages though, started drinking tea regularly way before i started lcing. I don't add sweetener or anything to my green tea or orange pekoe tea or anything and i only add a bit of splenda to some herbal teas. I'm not really on atkins though and i dont beleive it is reccomended to have caffiene at least in the induction phase, but after that i dont think there is any problem with it. I have never noticed green tea helping my weight loss or anything of the sort, i just drink it for the taste for the most part. i had started drinking tea when i stopped drinking coffee regularly (i used to have 40+ cups of coffee every single day). Though according to consumer reports magazine which is usually very reliable, one average cup of tea (green or orange pekoe), has roughly the amount of antioxidants as a medium sized raw carrot, so it is a good thing for your health,=. :)

Justin_UGR
Wed, Oct-27-04, 13:13
tru, I'm not on induction...but thnaks. Isn't greena like really good for your body anyway?

Giasbash
Tue, Mar-01-05, 15:38
GREENTEA IS THE SHIT! DRINK IT!!! not only does it speedup weight loss but it helps build a health immune SYSTEM and who doesnt want to get sick! so drink green tea, white tea, black tea you wont regret it, plus it WAKES YOU up in the morning!!!!!!!!!! trust me, its my MAIN STAPLE!!! :yum:

GinaLeanne
Tue, Mar-01-05, 15:53
HEY...... anyone drink green tea? I've heard it helps speedup your weight loss.

Also, can you drink regular unsweeted tea on this diet?

Yes, just check the box for the carbs.....the green tea is great...Gina :wave:

kap904
Sun, Mar-06-05, 20:34
i love green tea and drink it religiously.... but with splenda. is it true that caffiene and sweeteners will make you crave sugar though?

Giasbash
Mon, Mar-07-05, 15:24
kap-- it depends on the person....for me artificial sugar and caffiene do not increase my cravings for sugar...but everyone is different. Test yourself. TOmorrow try your tea with some sugar and see if you feel cravings about an hour or two later and then the next day just drink your tea with out the sugar and see if you feel any different! HAVE FUN! haha! NOmatter what, drinking green tea is a PLUS to your diet!!!