PDA

View Full Version : Never really moved through the phases...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PAcarber
Thu, Oct-21-04, 06:10
And am now 99.9% sure I'm pregnant. I go to the doc today but had two lines on a home test.

Okay...so here I am, I've been lc'ing since August 2003 and have lost at the highest point 47lbs, and I have since then gained about 7lbs back with cheats. Note*: Worked Out diligently the entire time. (Personally, I knew we were going to start trying and with no 'significant loss' as you see elsewhere in the forum I just allowed some freedom of choices and the focus and/or desire just wasn't as strong).

Either way...in the 1 year+ timeframe my husband and I pretty much stayed at Induction level of carbs without really trying (we do have a lot of fat to spare), and we always both felt fine. And trust me we had a good mix of fruits/veggies/grains & nuts. But we never really incorporated certain foods at certain times (as the book entials) so our carb levels probably never exceeded 40.

As of right now I have no 'food/smell issues' (I may be just 3 weeks), but right now I'm happy with just protein in the morning and meat/fat/veggie lunches & dinners. It's hard for me to eat an actual starch. I guess I feel it's the enemy or something???? It's seems silly and I realize I may be premature atthis post but I find myself weary to just increase my carbs unless my body makes me feel like I need to?

Any thoughts?

nikkil
Mon, Oct-25-04, 06:29
If/when you do find out you're pregnant, you need to switch to maintenance levels for carbs - gotta take care of #1 (hint: it ain't you anymore :lol: :lol: ).

Good luck with whatever happens :) -- let us know if the stork is coming to your house????

Hilary M
Tue, Oct-26-04, 08:13
Congrats! I was at a level of about 30-35 net carbs a day when I found out I was pregnant. I immediately jumped up to about 70-100 net carbs a day (which I did with more LC whole grains and fruit, as well as some more dairy). So far, so good with the LC pregnancy. It's hard to stay on the wagon since the motivation of seeing the scale go down is gone, but hopefully in the end I can say I've had more good days than bad. Overall it's been easy enough and I've gained about 30 pounds so far on my home scale, about 24 on my doctor's scale.

You don't have to go back to eating starches if you feel like they're the "enemy." Brown rice and the occasional potato won't hurt, though, if that's what you want. Portion control is the key there, which I why I don't bring potatoes into my house!

PAcarber
Tue, Nov-02-04, 12:38
Nicole / Hilary -

Thank you for replying. It was 100% confirmed yesterday and I'll be expecting late June '05. I know I'll be going through a lot of adjustments but I'm also about doing things right so I'm on track with increased carbs and variety, for the nutrients. I am keeping a log though, I have no desire to go back to sugars and processed carbs. I was on vacation last week and had a splurge or two and had to take naps every afternoon. Now only after a couple days of the right food I feel energized. I really think all that processed stuff doesn't help anyone who is expecting.

Thanks Again! Later