PDA

View Full Version : Got AF after 1 week on SBD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TurtleLvr
Wed, Oct-13-04, 10:30
It is amazing how our diet really affects the PCOS symptoms. I haven't had a period since 9/02 when I was having to take Metformin to regulate my cycles. I did get pregnant in late 10/02 and now have a 14 month old but still hadn't had an AF since having her. That is until yesterday..just 8 days after starting the South Beach diet and drastically reducing my sugar intake. It could be a coincidence..maybe I was due to get my period since the baby is getting older..she is still nursing so that could have prevented me from getting it sooner..but somehow I don't think that is the case because I know plenty of non-PCOS women who nursed their babies and still got their periods much sooner after the birth. I really think this diet has helped my body to get regulated.

Anyone else have a similar experience while low-carbing?

black57
Fri, Oct-15-04, 09:57
Insulin is a hormone. I have learned, since being an Atkinser, that balancing insulin affects other hormones. Many women with PCOS have regulated their periods and improved their fertility by balancing their insulin, naturally. Many others with normal periods find that their menses cycles go heywire and last longer than usual. These tend to balance out in time.

Mereja
Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:42
I started low-carbing June 15th of this year and every month since then my TOM has been closer and closer to the time it should come. Before I would have it every 2 months or so. I haven't lost much weight yet, (13 lbs) but my periods have been a lot more regular but with more cramps. My insulin was very high when I started. I don't know what it is now.