PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the doc tomorrow

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WantsMore
Thu, Sep-30-04, 23:20
I am going to my annual gyno appointment. Oh joy! I will be asking her about Aldactone and Vaniquq to try and help out the hair situation. She is a bit laid back about this, then again she has no facial hair! I will be very strong on this and let her know it is a very big problem for me and I would like to try whatever is out there. Also I'm going to ask about the new Seasonale birth control pills. It seems pretty cool only 4 periods a year. It seems I take a pill it works then I spot and go back to heavy bleeding, immunity to the meds maybe. Not sure but I will update. I so hope that my weight is under 180 on that scale. Keep me in your thoughts that I don't wimp out and let her rule the visit, that I can take a stand and be strong. I have trouble with this.

WantsMore
Fri, Oct-01-04, 12:29
She said the aldactone should help with the hormones to be more normal which will cause less hair. Ok so why didn't she put me on this when i was diagnosed? Why isn't everyone is if puts your levels closer to normal? She also was fine with giving me the Vaniqua. She said Seasonale is not a good choice for PCOS that Ovcon 35 is the best one right now because of the progesterine.

Vitafly
Fri, Oct-15-04, 12:12
Wish you to be healthy and do not worry too much about PCOS :)