PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angeljandy
Sun, Sep-26-04, 11:05
Hi all...After reading of experiences and symptoms of PCOS I'm positive I have this. I had been to Dr. after Dr. and no one would tell me what was wrong. This is something I have been struggling with since my teens, however, now that I'm older I've grown hair on my chin, I have hair loss, serious weight gain, a lot of abdominal swelling, small brown patches, skin tags and ect...
I have one other thing that Drs have never explained to me and I was wondering if anyone else has this. I have pain a lot but it's tolerable pain, however, once a month right at ovulation I have this searing pain that takes my breath away and it last approx. 5-7 min and then for the most part it's done even though I've very sore in my abdomen for a few days after that. I think the pain happens when I'm ovulating or trying to ovulate, I don't know I'm just guessing. I do get my periods, they may not always be on time but they are ok, heavy but ok.
Does anyone else experience this sharp monthy Pain? :help:

Zuleikaa
Sun, Sep-26-04, 18:30
That can be common with many women. A couple of times I've been to the hospital with agonizing pain. They could find nothing 2-3 days later I got my period. I got the connection. Now I take tons of Ibuprophen and wait it out.

Mia-Chloe
Thu, Sep-30-04, 19:28
the pain could be from the egg struggling to burst through the cyst covered ovary. Ask your doc to give you an ultra-sound to verify whether or not you do have pcos.

tommiec68
Wed, Jan-05-05, 11:58
I have PCOS and IR and even though my periods have their own schedule (here this month and then not one for a month or two) For me this is a sure sign that I am getting ready to start. Most months I have all the classis menstral signs, bloating, cramps, massive mps, breast tenderness but that does not mean I will have a period. I know however if I get a sharp pain that lasts a couple of min. that I will start that day or the next. I have not guess as to what is going on in there though.