PDA

View Full Version : Books: "The Inflammation Syndrome" and "The Fibromyalgia Advocate"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Grrl
Wed, Sep-15-04, 17:34
Hi :)

I'm reading through some reviews people have made about useful books to apply to varying LC eating, but am overwhelmed by how many there are and which would be best to buy first when considering the FMS/MPS/CFS dx I have to address. Please help! I'm utterly overwhelmed: there is just so much out there to read nowadays!

Reading some of the regular low-carbing forums, I came across a recommendation from Karen for "The Inflammation Syndrome"
By Jack Challem ["The Nutrition Reporter"]. He is also the author of "Syndrome X". Does anyone here have experience applying his ideas to their WOE?

Are there any other vitamin therapy/diet therapy books that you guys really liked that addressed our FMS issues?

btw,
I've recently bought "The Fibromyalgia Advocate" and am only half way through but find it very informative and compassionate. I recommend it.

I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong place - I didn't find a book section for the Fibro, CFS, SAD forum...if there is one, my apologies.

Hope you are all managing well today.