PDA

View Full Version : Hello from ME!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nev05
Tue, Sep-07-04, 08:18
Hi Irish Guys!

Just wanted to say hello! Started Atkins a week ago and have lost 9lbs so far. Getting a bit nervous now as I'm finding it too easy and afraid that my weight will be up the next time I weigh myself. I spend my first weekend (last weekend) drink free and takeaway free! It neary kill me but I did it.
Just a question . . . . . did any of you buy those testing sticks from boots?
I bought some last weekend but can't seem to get them to change colour?
Any suggestions?
:spin:

davidm20
Tue, Sep-07-04, 14:53
Yeah I bought the strips. Best time to uses them I read somewhere is 2 hours after eating and that it is essential you wait the 15 seconds before reading the results. 9 lbs is great for the first week so i wouldn't worry about the strips

I managed to stay drink free for the first while too I then started to drink Jack Daniels & diet 7up instead of pints. The weight keeps coming off for me so maybe try something like that first. Another option would be Bulmers Light there is a post lower on this forum.