PDA

View Full Version : Fat-kins diet?!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

clavicula
Mon, Sep-06-04, 11:36
I have just found this link, I cannot clearly understand (too fast and lots of words I could not catch....) I know there are some rude words in it, sorry to post but I am very curious what do you guys think about it!
the fatkins diet (http://www.illwillpress.com/fatkins.html)
Sorry if it is too weird.....

Sccuffy
Mon, Sep-06-04, 12:01
I have seen this before, good for a laugh, escpecially the little weasly squirle and his high voice.

RoeC
Mon, Sep-06-04, 12:07
I actually thought that was pretty funny.... And I agree if you don't like what I look like f**k off....
As for your brain needing carbs their has been lots posted on that. Can't remember the specifics but it is a falicy.

Thanks for the laugh.

monkey1
Mon, Sep-06-04, 19:42
that was very funny lol hilarious :lol:

platypusd
Thu, Sep-09-04, 07:38
i am a huge fan of FOAMY (check out my avatar - FOAMY in the flesh). the cartoons are hillarious. he has alot of offensive opinions on a wide range of topics (check out the DATING TIPs toon and the STAR-CRAPS rants :lol: ). his Fat-kins rant is representative of the lack of knowledge average folk have about the low-carb lifestyle. it is still hillarious.

your brain does need carbs to function. this fact is the backbone of any ketogenic diet. when you don't consume enough carbs to feed the brain, your body goes into the back up mode and produces ketones from fat and protein - which the brain can use INSTEAD of carbs to operate. i imagine this system evolved so that humans could survive when we did not have access to carbs (think innuit in the north - no farming, short summers).

SQUIRRLEY WRATH

bewat21
Fri, Oct-08-04, 15:37
that was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time.

amyella
Fri, Oct-08-04, 16:55
Thanks for sharing!! HILARIOUS! :lol:

Kristine
Fri, Oct-08-04, 19:26
I love that clip. :D I think there's another link over in the "Lighter Side" forum somewhere. I like the "Starschmuk's" one best... I don't like Starbucks. ;)

potatofree
Sun, Oct-10-04, 08:33
Did Foamy get hate mail from any of US???

http://www.illwillpress.com/mail66.html

Lisa N
Sun, Oct-10-04, 09:22
As for your brain needing carbs their has been lots posted on that. Can't remember the specifics but it is a falicy.

It is a fallicy. A small portion of the brain can only use glucose (not carbs) for energy. Carbs are broken down into glucose through digestion but the body can also generate glucose via gluconeogenesis making carb intake (for the purpose of energy..vitamins and minerals are another matter) unnecessary for most people since the majority of cells in the body can use ketone bodies for energy without a problem and the remaining few can be supplied with glucose through gluconeogenesis.

Tigerfly
Tue, Nov-23-04, 13:25
That was really funny... (...In a SouthPark kind of way) Thanks for sharing!

AFwife
Tue, Nov-23-04, 13:29
I've seen this before, I think it's freaking hilarious. :lol:

rosencooki
Thu, Nov-25-04, 09:51
LMAO....

if our brains NEED all the carbs to function...what does that make all of US??????? seems to me all these naysayers are saying the LC lifestyle will make us all stupid.....hmmmmmmmm

hee, just an observation