PDA

View Full Version : Gained 2 pounds

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mereja
Sat, Sep-04-04, 12:19
Well, I have been on glucophage for about a month. The first week I lost 4 pounds. 2 weeks ago, I upped the dose to 1000mg a day and I weighed yesterday and I have gained 2 pounds. I have been trying to drink a lot of water and have been doing pretty good with that.

When your insulin is very, very high (46) does it take a long time before your body can lower that and in the mean time you don't loose weight??? :help: I've been testing my glucose twice a day and most of the time it is in normal or close to normal range. I cheated twice, once I had a small sliver of cake, about two bites and another time someone invited me for dinner and they had a stew with noodles in it. In the AM fasting my glucose was 120 but the other days it is around 90.

I have been staying around 20 to 30 carbs a day. My TOM gave me a lot of cramps last month, more than I've had in a long time but it was only 8 days late which is better than usual. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that TOM should be here in about a week. I have been having cramps every day.

When I get a chance I will try to use fit day so that I can get suggestions. I am not ready to give up yet, because there is nothing else I can do. I can imagine what my glucose would be like after eating the way I used to, lo-fat.

I am looking forward to a nice juicy steak for lunch today.