PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness and PCOS any connection?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bunnyfufu
Wed, Aug-18-04, 03:37
Hi,

I am a newbie to this forum and recently diagnosed myself with PCOS. After I finally accepted the fact that I have this disease I got focused and tried to do as much research on it as possible and find some online support groups. I noticed that this forum seems to be pretty active and knowledgeable about the disease. I am excited about being a part of these boards and supporting my fellow cysters. However I do have one question. I have been experiencing constant dizziness since 8-14-04 and it is now 8-18-04. The only thing I could think that could be causing this is IR. I am not taking any kind of BC or meds of any kind. I haven't endured any head injuries lately so I know that isn't it. If it is IR than what can I do to alleviate the dizziness? I recently started eating a low carb diet and that has helped some but the dizziness is still there just not as intense. Does anyone else have any ideas what this could be from and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,
Bunny :D

Tanikova
Wed, Aug-18-04, 07:23
When I get the dizziness it has nothing to do with low carb or pcos.. my is a middle ear infection.. that is where your balance center is... one time it was so bad I work up thinking someone was flipping my bed... I usually get some nausa with it.... My doc gives me some kind of antibiotic and.or an anti nausa pill to help me kick this

LKPNYC
Mon, Aug-23-04, 16:25
I don't know about anyone else, but I found that when my carb count got TOO low (under 50 g a day) I got a bit woozy. Once I worked (GOOD) carbs back into my diet that feeling went away.
Good luck!
PS: I am also taking metformin, 1500mg/day

Lobstergal
Mon, Aug-23-04, 19:47
I am a newbie to this forum and recently diagnosed myself with PCOS.

Have you had this confirmed by a Endocronolist or even a GP who is familiar with PCOS?

Kristine
Tue, Aug-24-04, 07:22
Hi and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Is it lightheadedness (the feeling that you're going to faint) or vertigo (the feeling that the room is spinning)?

My blood pressure runs rather low, and once I started LCing, it became even lower. That makes me very lightheaded if I stand up too fast or jump out of bed with too much enthusiasm. :) It could be that... but I would get it checked out with a doctor if it hasn't resolved itself.

It could also be an electrolyte imbalance, which is also related to the diuretic affect of LCing. You should be taking calcium, magnesium, and potassium supplements at least for the first few weeks.

PS: Unless your mom is a biochemist or health care professional ;) I would recommend reading one of the LC books for guidance. My personal fave is Protein Power.

abbabeffy
Tue, Aug-31-04, 23:48
lol I don't think Iv'e jumped outta bed with even mild enthusiasm since I was a 8 year old for christmas.