PDA

View Full Version : 8 days smoke free

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shawj11
Tue, Jul-27-04, 17:53
Hello all.
11:30pm tonight will make 8 days smoke free for me.
I just started back on Atkins on Monday.
:)

tofi
Tue, Jul-27-04, 19:08
Congratulations on both decisions. And you may pat yourself on the back. Quitting smoking is hard but you seem to have done it.

My Dad did it the same way: cold turkey. He said he knew for years that if he even had one, he'd be back on it. So he managed to never have even one. You will be that strong-minded and admirable too.

The good part of LCing is that you can eat some meat or other protein every time you want to put something into your mouth and not gain weight. Just be prepared.

I certainly wish you years of continuing success with both projects.

Xplora
Tue, Jul-27-04, 19:15
Congratulations! I am 13 hours smoke free and thinking it might just be easier to go to bed that stay up and suffer. Urghh, how long until the cravings stop? Days? Weeks? Months?

PJnVA
Tue, Jul-27-04, 19:25
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_104.gif I quit almost 10 years ago (labor day 1994) cold turkey. Just woke up and threw away what smokes I had and never looked back.

www.quitmeter.com (http://www.quitmeter.com/).
Go to this link and you can calculate how much money you are saving

Chas
Tue, Jul-27-04, 19:55
6 Days Smoke Free for me. I started when I was 18, stopped when I was pregnant at 20, started after I had my son, and stopped a little over a week after my 21st birthday.

I will not start again!! My Fiance stopped the same day as I did. He smoked for about 14 years though. I am so proud of him.

I did Smoke Stopper, but he quite cold turkey.

shawj11
Wed, Jul-28-04, 02:49
Thank you for the words of encouragement, and good luck to all those who have quit!

Xplora--did you quit cold turkey? I am using the patch, and it really helps with the withdrawl symptoms. There is supposed to be a much higher success rate when you use some type of assistance (zyban, patch, etc).
Don't get me wrong..there are still moments when its rough. It may sound silly, but every time I get a strong urge, I breathe in slowly through my nose..hold it for 3 seconds..and then exhale slowly through my mouth. You wouldnt believe how good it works..give it a try.

I began going to the gym again this week. Trying to replace my bad habit w/ a good one. I am going to take up yoga as well.

Best wishes everyone! :)

Xplora
Thu, Jul-29-04, 04:27
Yeah, I'm using the patch and still crave butts like crazy. It seems slightly easier this morning than yesterday morning. I've been doing the breathing thing myself. Funny how well that works.

beccak511
Tue, Sep-28-04, 13:31
I guit 1 week ago, using the patch, but i still sneak 1 cig a day, I think its more mental than anything. Im worried that i will gain weight though.

BlitzedAng
Tue, Oct-05-04, 12:27
beccak511
Only you can decide what is first priority for you at this point and time. I was upset that I have gained weight since quitting smoking, still am. But at least I quit and now that, that is behind me I can focus on re-loosing the weight I put on. I hope you give up that one a day cig. It will only lead to more later on. Take care and best of luck.
Angel