PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

B HOOPER
Tue, Sep-11-01, 18:28
As far as water goes...I try to drink a minimum of 6 large glasses, I drink the most at work, as they have bottled water that actually tastes good :p I have one cup of decaffinated coffee in the a.m. which is down from the 3-4 caffinated ones I had before starting the program. I seldom have diet soda, but have discovered a flavored carbonated beverage that I will 'indulge' myself in occasionally.
As to my diabetic medication...I take Glucophage and Actos, although my numbers are very good, I have not had any low readings and don't believe it is time to lower my dosage YET :)
I am always rushing, and it is difficult to spend too much time on breakfast...I generally cook various things for my daily lunch (work) on Sundays. And my retired husband cooks dinner.
ANOTHER thing I have noticed. For the first 4-5 weeks, I felt good, felt very rested each day and had more energy. Now I have the daily 'dumps'. I get sleepy and grumpy in late afternoon and am fully ready for bed by 10:00 p.m. each night.
I take a very potent multi vitamin with herbs, it compairs quite nicely to Dr. Atkins Basic 3...plus an added C-E
I don't plan on quitting, but do appreciate any help and encouragement I can get. THANKS AGAIN.

Karen
Tue, Sep-11-01, 18:32
Are you taking calcium/magnesium/potassium?

It's also possible that you may not be eating enough calories. You should consider starting a journal.

Karen

Raven
Wed, Sep-12-01, 16:19
ANOTHER thing I have noticed. For the first 4-5 weeks, I felt good, felt very rested each day and had more energy. Now I have the daily 'dumps'. I get sleepy and grumpy in late afternoon and am fully ready for bed by 10:00 p.m. each night.

Have you checked your blood sugar when you're feeling sleepy and grumpy? Perhaps it's getting low at that time of day? Medicine might be working too good.

Just a thought.

Raven:spin: