PDA

View Full Version : vegetarians !! What are some of your daily menus!!! I eat fish!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sweetmango
Thu, Jul-08-04, 16:41
My weight is not coming off like I would like, and I am tired a lot here lately. :) I need your help, Has anyone on here lost weight with your veggie menus, share with me. :thup:

nicolasix
Thu, Jul-08-04, 20:18
I'm losing pretty well -- not super fast, but I started fairly close to goal, so well within average range. I'm a strict vegetarian, no fish, so I'm not sure my menus would help you.

What kinds of recipes are you looking for, specifically?

sweetmango
Fri, Jul-09-04, 12:44
:
)

I'm losing pretty well -- not super fast, but I started fairly close to goal, so well within average range. I'm a strict vegetarian, no fish, so I'm not sure my menus would help you.

What kinds of recipes are you looking for, specifically?

:thup: I eat fish once a week , mainly menu ideas! I am trying to stay at least 30-60 carbs hopefully less,. for breakfast ,and lunch What do you usually have! :)

nicolasix
Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:27
I usually have some form of eggs for breakfast, with our without cheese. One of my faves is "Spinach Enchiladas," though it's more like a puffy omelet. I whip and bake the eggs, then put chopped spinach on top and let that bake down, then put shredded pepper jack cheese on that and bake till bubbly. Then salsa and avocado on top - yum!

Sometimes I do scrambled tofu instead (with peanut butter, scallions and ginger, maybe some coconut cream). Or the Mock Danish (see kitchen forum for recipe -- it's fantastic, like French toast!).

For lunch, usually salad (with sunflower seeds and blue cheese) plus some other kind of cheese and veggies.

If I'm home to cook, some things I like are:

Cheddar Fauxtatoes (like mashed potatoes, check kitchen forums for various recipes) served with collard greens or swiss chard and butter

Scamorza: flat slices of eggplant, zucchini and red pepper, roasted on a baking sheet in the oven, with a good smoky mozzarella melted on top. Serve with roasted asparagus and sauce (1 T mayo, 1 t mustard, curry powder, lemon juice).

Stuffed Mushrooms: chop up some spinach and zucchini, sautee with olive oil, a few ounces of gorgonzola cheese. Stuff the mushrooms, sprinkle grated parmesan on top, bake at 400 until cheese is browned.

I hope these help! Check in the kitchen forum for more recipes -- I've found TONS of great ideas in there.

tribal
Sun, Jul-11-04, 20:03
Breakfast for me is usually a flax seed muffin with vegemite.

Lunch is usually a green salad of some description, although I have a thai place across the road from work so sometimes I get a special green curry or pad ka prow made with no rice or sugar or fish sauce/shrimp paste.

For dinner I usually have creamed spinach with lots of garlic and steamed broccoli or cauliflower.

Snacks are usually nuts or cheese or cream cheese with splenda and vanilla.

The hardest bit is eating out, especially as I live in the italian part of melbourne, which is famous for it's pasta. And just thinking of the gelato makes me drool.

It's getting a bit predictable but it works I've lost pretty well so far.

etoiles
Sun, Jul-11-04, 21:19
What a nice thread! Great to hear everyone's ideas.

Nicolasix - that Scamorza sounds wonderful!! :thup:

I am a strict vegetarian with no fish and have eaten a lot of different things depending on my mood but lately for meals it has been...

breakfast - low carb yogurt, sometimes mixed with a scoop of shake mix and some lc milk or water so it's not too thick

lunch - I have been making mini loaves of bead lately using a flaxmeal recipe. It's a sweeter kind of bread and great with peanut butter or cream cheese or just butter.

dinner - various items. Sometimes I have good recipes and then I will post them in my journal. The last couple of days:
- quessidillas using cheese and low carb tortillas with salad
- eggplant sticks dipped in egg, then coated in some spices, parmesan, and flaxmeal, misted lightly with oil or nonstick spray, then broiled. served with tomato sauce
- poblano peppers stuffed with cheese and topped with tomato sauce
- a 'sandwich' using the hearty artisan bread at this site (or I can give you a link, let me know) with anti pasto salad (tomatoes, artichokes, mozz cubes, mixed together with pesto)
- 'rice' dishes using grated cauliflower (fried 'rice', spanish 'rice' 'risotto')

- Recipes from this website (http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/recipes.html) either from the vegetarian section or using the ground beef recipes and using meat substitute for the beef or leaving it out completely.

hope that helps! :)

sweetmango
Tue, Jul-13-04, 06:42
:thup: I am getting more into Protein drinks for Breakfast , I love the Whey protein shake mix, low carb, low sugar, mis with water or juice, i am not a milk drinker!! Also for breakfast I had advant edge carb control ready to drink shake french vanilla with a peach 1gr. carbs,15g. protein! What did everbody else have for Breakfast this morning and what's for lunch, I am having some raw veggies/with yogurt!! I am a coffee drinker, and I Like Herbal green tea.flavored kind!! :yum: :yum:

KLD65
Sat, Aug-14-04, 19:32
These ideas sound great! I am just starting the lc/veggie WOE and will definitely check out the recipie area. Can some of these be made in advance and doled out for a packed lunch through the week?