PDA

View Full Version : dietetic vs. diet, jelly vs. jello/gelatine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Deb White
Sun, Sep-09-01, 19:45
I eat Cottee's diet jelly sweetened with Splenda. I was under the impression this had no carbs but in Fitday I have seen that Dietetic Jelly sweetened with artificial sweeteners has 172g carb in 1 cup.

Is this correct. I presumed the diet-jello was diet jelly.

Deb

tamarian
Sun, Sep-09-01, 20:36
Hi Deb,

Why not list the ingredients and nutritional info from the package, and we'll start cruchning the numbers and see. You might want to try out our hidden carbs calculator from the tools page as well.

Wa'il

Michelle
Sun, Sep-09-01, 21:31
I think what fitday lists as diet jelly with artificial sweeteners might be more along the line of jams and jellies, like grape jelly that you would have put on toast. Maybe try and see if they have have a listing for diet gelatine or jell-o and see if that is more accurate.
FWIW, my box of Jell-o light brand jell-o lists 28cals per box, with 5.2g protein and zero for everything else. But that leaves 7.2 cals unaccounted for, for 2g total hidden carbs (probably in the sweeteners) per box. That's a lot of jell-o.

HTH!
Michelle

Deb White
Sun, Sep-09-01, 21:57
Thanks Michelle,

That was it, diet gelatine 1.72 g of Carbs per cup. Just different names that are used.

I was really worried there for a bit.

Deb