PDA

View Full Version : I,m new to this site and need help not sure if I.m doing it right.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mamabear
Sun, Sep-09-01, 16:05
Hi, I'm new at this but in great need of help could anyone help me. I'm looking for a very good recipe for low carb bread. I found a bread out of a bakery in Fl. but can't buy it anymore. Am I looking in the right place? Thank you Mamabear

Natrushka
Sun, Sep-09-01, 16:14
Hi Mama, and welcome to the forum. You've found a great place for information, support and yes, recipes. I've moved your post to the Low Carb Kitchen where we keep recipes, tips, and techniques.

There are a few recipes for low carb bread, if you try a search using the button at the top of the page you should be able to find quite a few.

I use a bread made my "Hollywood" called "Hollywood Thins 100% Whole Wheat" It has 11g carbs per two slices. I'm not sure if this is available in the States, but it might be an alternative when you haven't the time to bake.

Cheers,
Nat

mamabear
Sun, Sep-09-01, 16:31
Hi Nat I hope you get this I'm clicking on post reply is that right? Thanks for answering so quickly. I clicked on Locarb recipes but didn't see any bread help. Mamabear

Sharon
Sun, Sep-09-01, 16:44
Hi, here's a little help. I've included a couple links about lowcarb bread, both include recipes, and lots of discussion. The recipes are from our own members, Kay's Final Protein Bread and our Famous Webmaster, Tamarian's Shepherd's Loaf.!!

http://www.lowcarber.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105

http://www.lowcarber.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6703

Kay's bread recipe is for a machine and Shepherd's Loaf works well made by hand.

There are other recipes in the recipe section as well. Good luck.

mamabear
Sun, Sep-09-01, 21:38
Hi Sharon, thanks I'll check it out tomorrow.I have been looking for weeks for information and people to talk to about low carb diets. I'm glad I found you. Mamabear
:wave: :wave: I like the litte guys!