PDA

View Full Version : Recipie for Zucinni

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gpop529
Sat, Sep-08-01, 16:47
Thanks to all who posted replies to the dilema.

:thup:
Terri in Baudette

Natrushka
Sat, Sep-08-01, 16:50
Terri, I moved your post to the Recipe file to make sure it will be seen.

As far as zuchinni goes, I like to marinate mine with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some spices then roast it on the bbq.

Cucumbers I just dip in ranch dressing. They way I go through them, you'd think I was pregnant. It's almost a craving ;)

Cheers,
Nat

danume
Sat, Sep-08-01, 17:01
:spin: :spin: I have been using my cucumbers as boats holding my tuna or chicken or salmon salad. As far as the zucchini I love to bake with olive oil under the broiler until golden brown on both sides and then wrap cream cheese inside and roll along with some meat of choice....:wave:

Ziggy
Sat, Sep-08-01, 19:53
Use shredded zucinni (you can use with or without the skin on, stronger flavor with the skin on.) One cup shredded zucinni, chopped onion (I use about 1/4 cup but you can use more or less depending on personal taste), and one beated egg. Mix all ingredients well. Heat oil in frying pan. When the oil is hot, spoon mixture into oil. Fry, when browned turn over and brown other side. Salt to taste.

These are very tasty. I prefer no skin but hubby prefers with the skin. Their texture is similar to hashbrown potatoes.

We also slice zucinni and add it to stir-fry meals. This is one veggie we use a lot of.

BillT
Sat, Sep-08-01, 22:07
If you have a vegetable slicer (or a mandoline), you can cut them in allumette (matchstick) size and sauté it quickly in extra-virgin oil to make zucchini "spaghetti."

tamarian
Sat, Sep-08-01, 22:22
BillT,

Welcome aboard, it's a pleasure to have an experienced PP follower such as yourself join us! :)

Wa'il (a.k.a. Tamarian)

Karen
Sat, Sep-08-01, 22:42
And if no mandoline is available: with a vegetable peeler, just keep on peeling the zucchini down towards the core. Stop when you get to the seeds. It's more fettucine-like.

Karen

BillT
Mon, Sep-10-01, 10:21
Originally posted by tamarian
BillT,
Welcome aboard, it's a pleasure to have an experienced PP follower such as yourself join us! :)
Wa'il (a.k.a. Tamarian)
Shukran jazilan iakhi!

tamarian
Mon, Sep-10-01, 10:33
LOL, you're welcome, and in this case, this thread maybe of interest to you! :)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19151

Wa'il