PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Smoke Away

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cpreece
Wed, Jun-23-04, 18:45
I'm taking the plunge and taking my first pills tonight before I go to bed. I'm very scared. The hardest part is that my boyfriend smokes in the house. :(

BlitzedAng
Fri, Jun-25-04, 08:14
I wish you all the luck and strength cpreece. :)

Angel

jemman
Fri, Jun-25-04, 10:45
im not familiar with smoke away... but i imagine its a caffeine or nicotine supplement? doesnt it keep you up at night if u take it b4 u go to bed?

and i bet its tough with someone else in the house that smokes, but my dh still eat carbs & i can LC just fine.

good luck!

BlitzedAng
Sat, Jun-26-04, 11:33
Smoke away is not a nicotine supplement. It is all natural. I myself havn't used it but do a search here. Ive read ome have had sucess with it.

Angel

Ginga
Thu, Jul-15-04, 10:42
I'm taking the plunge and taking my first pills tonight before I go to bed. I'm very scared. The hardest part is that my boyfriend smokes in the house. :(
So.......... hows the smoke away working? been thinking about getting some myself. Hope its working!! :p

cpreece
Thu, Jul-15-04, 19:56
Honestly, I think it helped because I thought it would help. I quit taking it after 2 days and have been smoke free for 3 weeks now. I found a great site called quitsmokingonline.com. That's what really helped get me mentally prepared to quit. Good luck! We'll be here for you.

atlee
Fri, Jul-16-04, 12:42
I just looked at the quitsmokingonline.com site, and it's very, very similar to the Allen Carr Easyway method. I read the Allen Carr book for the first time a month ago, then took several weeks to chew it over and get my mind right. I've been a non-smoker for over a week now, and I am still just amazed and thrilled at how ridiculously easy it's been. I'd really, strongly recommend reading either the Allen Carr method or the site cpreece mentions above.

cpreece
Sat, Jul-17-04, 19:19
Congratulations Atlee! It's not as hard as we thought :)

BlitzedAng
Mon, Jul-19-04, 05:46
Congrats to all of you.. Like my doc once said... "Why are you caring so much about eating right and exercise yet continue to smoke?" He had a lil grin and I got EXACTLY what he meant.. That week I quit..

Angel

Chas
Fri, Jul-23-04, 03:03
I just bought Smoke Stopper, basically the same ingredients as Smoke Away.

I too think its all in your mind. However, Smoke Stopper definately lessens the craving for a smoke.

When I found out I was pregnant with Ben, I quit immediately. No cravings, just cold turkey. So its definately a mental thing.

After I had him, I started again. Not because I "needed" one, but because I wanted one.

Anyways, tonight is my first night taking Smoke Stopper. So far, so good.

Congrats also to Cpreece. Whoo-hoo! 3 weeks!

Chas
Tue, Jul-27-04, 20:10
Well, its been almost a week after taking Smoke Stopper.

The good news is that I haven't smoked since taking the first dose. The bad news is that the pills made me sick! It must have been that Casava root? that gave me horrible abdominal pains and loose bowels.

OMG, I thought I was going to just die! Apparently, it was to detox my body from the nicotine, and that it did.

Fortunately, I do not have any craving for the cigarettes, but I could have just waited for my body to naturally detox instead of putting myself through that.

I really don't recommend that stuff because of my personal experience.