PDA

View Full Version : How fast did you loose?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NewAudrey
Thu, Jun-10-04, 21:11
How long does it take?
What should you expect to loose in the first week?
xoxoxo
Audrey

Built
Thu, Jun-10-04, 21:21
Audrey, you're not very fat. You won't lose very fast. Atkin's is the ONE place in this world where you are REALLY at an advantage if you're fatter lol!

I'm about your height, and I started at 170. I lost 13 pounds in 5 weeks (5 pounds in the first 5 days, mostly water of course, but I was STILL damned pleased LOL!).

I think I was down about 20 pounds about 6 months in. Maybe it was 25.

I'm thinking the addition of some sort of resistance exercise and a bit of cardio will help you more from where you are now. Do you do any physical activities now?

NewAudrey
Thu, Jun-10-04, 21:25
I have a gym membership, but i don't use it!
I've only been doing this diet for 4 days but I'm so worried because summer is here and i need to loose like 10 pounds pronto!
xoxoxo
Audrey

Built
Thu, Jun-10-04, 21:28
Okay, you and me both LOL!

Well, I'd like to lose at least 5...

Get thine ass to the gym, young lady. This will help. A lot. Start lifting - it'll blow your MIND.

I suggest you start with a 3-day lifting programme, do 20 minutes of moderate cardio AFTER you lift (never before - it doesn't burn as much fat that way), and do maybe 2 days of HIIT on non-lifting days once you get into the groove of your workouts. Or do 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomach (water is fine though!).

Do you know how to lift? Can you get someone to help you with this?

kingb123
Thu, Jun-10-04, 22:11
In 9 months I lost 65 pounds.

NewAudrey
Fri, Jun-11-04, 00:02
Thanks for the tips!
Go Kingb123!
xoxoxo
Audrey

raekay207
Sat, Jul-17-04, 15:44
i keep wondering if its normal that i *only* lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks. i hear all these stories of overweight people losing 20 pounds in a month, and when I joined this forum I started to feel better!

i just hope I lose like 10 more by the end of summer so I can feel good about myself when heading back to college!

horty
Sat, Jul-17-04, 16:29
I was eating low carb, high fat for about 6 months, I lost 8 lbs the first week and then about 1/2 lb to 1 lb a week there after. Once I started working out and eating less fat I was dropping 3-4 lbs a week. I drink about 4L of water daily, and in the past two month I have lost 30 lbs. I have also gained muscle size, I would strongly recommend that you use that gym membership; It will help significantly.
Good luck.
Bdiddy

cococarby
Sun, Jul-18-04, 14:33
First of all,

Audrey, you're not very fat.

Um, Audrey, you are not fat PERIOD. Your weight is 100% normal for your height.

Anyways...

I lost around 30 pounds in 3 and a half months with little to no exercise.

Justin_UGR
Mon, Jul-19-04, 12:59
Hey YOU CAN DO IT.
I found that going to the gym, for me, really burns the fat. Like 2x faster.

rumdum
Mon, Jul-19-04, 17:21
It's true that the heavier you weigh the more you'll lose during the 2 week induction phase - whoo hoo!
I am only 5'2 and I weight WAAY too much but I've already lost 5lbs. in four days *thanks to water weight*
It really does help going to a gym. It does make the weight burn off faster. When I had to train for rugby, I would go on LC and also do a lot of cardio and weight train. *Of course that was three years ago and a lot of weight has been put on since*
I joined a gym yesterday and I'm planning to lift weights and then 30 mins. of cardio on mon., wed., and fri., and then an hour of cardio every tues., and thurs. Saturday and Sundays are either rest days or Pilates, or do something outdoors day.
Just like you I want to lose weight FAAAAAAST. Like 70 lbs. of it*
Good luck though!
RD

MariJaneTN
Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:25
Audrey,
I weigh a bit less than 130 and my wish is 110 and its taken me forever to loose weight. Ive had a really bad lack of appetite in the past week. Ive probably eaten less 700 cals each day because i have coffee for breakfast, a atkins shake for lunch and i try to choke down a salad for dinner.
I've lost a total of .5.
So good luck to ya.

xotcbabe
Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:32
i dont think you will lose that fast becuz you're not over weight..
im 122 or 121 right now and i haven't really lose anything ..

HoneyBones
Fri, Aug-20-04, 00:27
Cococarby, what is your daily menu like? 30 pounds in 3 months is awesome... if I could do that I'd be thin as a rail in no time! What's your secret?

Akasha
Fri, Aug-20-04, 13:42
I've lost about 20 pounds in 5 months, but I probably would have lost a lot more if I hadn't cheated so much and had upped my exercise. I'm starting an exercise program on the 31st, so we'll see how much of a difference weight training makes.

Stripes123
Sat, Aug-21-04, 02:23
my cousin lost 50 pounds in 3 months and his 4th month he had lost already 60 in just 4 months, and he started febuary 1 of this year and looks so skinny, so thats an insriration to me, and my other cousin has done this diet for a month and 2 weeks has already lost 22 pounds, AND my sister has done this diet too for a month and lost 20 pounds

JennLynnRN
Sun, Sep-12-04, 11:00
I read something interesting somewhere that said that with any kind of low carb diet, as soon as you reintroduce 'normal' foods into your diet, all the weight you lost during the first week or so (usually like 5-6 pounds for most people) will be regained because its just water weight that is dependant on eating carbs. That kinda scared me when I read that, but I fugured I would just keep losing until I am about 5 pounds under my goal weight (*she says confidently...ha!*) and then when I start to eat more carbs, even if I do regain a few pounds I will still be at my goal. Just thought I'd share that with you all......

eponajake
Thu, Sep-16-04, 08:26
My son is 16 and has lost 26 lbs in 3 months. He started at 246 and now weighs 220. He needs to loose 50 more pounds to meet his ideal weight for his height. He is doing very well. He is so proud of his weight lose. I failed to take pictures of his before weight. I really should get the camera out and take a picture now. By the way I am his mom and very proud of him also.