PDA

View Full Version : How can I reshape my body?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

maestra
Sun, Sep-02-01, 07:08
I've lost about 25 pounds on a low-carb diet recently, and my one frustration is that the overall shape of my body hasn't really changed - I still have fat in the same places (belly, upperarms bother me the most), i'm just smaller than i was before. I do cardio exercise almost everyday (riding a bicycle and walking) and have recently started doing Pilates-type ab exercises, ten or fifteen minutes a day. I would love to have a flat stomach and feel good in sleeveless shirts - can anyone tell me something that really works?? Thanks so much.

Natrushka
Sun, Sep-02-01, 08:10
It will take time for your body to reshape itself. What you can do to help is try some weight training. Following this WOL makes defining muscles and creating muscle tone much easier than when you were eating lowfat / high carb (I have found it surprizingly easy). You'll see results quickly as you're losing BODY FAT and not lean muscle. I have noticed a change in my calves and glutes in just 10 days. The aerobic component will help with the weight loss, however the resistance training will build the muscles, which will inturn burn MORE calories. And you don't need much weight.... I've found simple squats, lunges and crunches work wonders. A couple of light weights (5 or 10 lbs) and some work on your triceps should help with the arms. If you start now, you'll notice the definition begin to appear as you lose the body fat.

Hang in there!
Nat

fern2340
Sun, Sep-02-01, 18:46
Maestra,
I agree with Nat. Weighttraining is a key component in "reshaping" your body. It does take time but lifting is a great way to tone those muscles!! When you say upperarm are you talking about the top of your arm or your undrearm? Try doing curls for top of the arm (bicep) or doing tricep presssdowns for the underarm (tricep). Crunches will help with the belly!!
Good luck and post any questions you have!

Linda