PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new and kinda nervous!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thinmom2b
Tue, May-18-04, 11:32
Hi,

I am somewhat new to this whole Atkins thing. I tried once before but just couldn't stick with it. So I just started again yesterday and I really hope that I can be strong this time. I am a sahm mother of 3 (8, 5, and 1 1/2). I had gained a bunch of weight before I even got pregnant with my last child. Add on top of that the pregnancy weight and here I am. I am very nervous about this whole thing and hope to find some encouragement and support here.

I have read through DANDR once before but still have some questions
Just exactly how much water should I be drinking? If I fill up a gallon jug and drink it throughout the day, would that be enough? Is it okay to eat "low carb" bars during induction? How much weight do most people lose during induction? Thanks so much and sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Bethany

jadefox26
Tue, May-18-04, 11:37
Hiya, i love your name - very inventive and funny!! I am pleased to see you here - people who come don't often leave again in a hurry - people are so friendly here and things seem so much better when you can share your trials and your triumphs!!
If you start a journal you can post in there and other peope can keep a tab on your progress! Also a gallery is a great way of sharing photos and keeping a record of your progress!
Take care and good luck!!

elimy
Tue, May-18-04, 11:46
Welcome ThinMom2B!! :wave:

You'll love the support you get in this forum. The people here are wonderful. I would highly recommend starting a journal in the forum. People will post advice and encouragement in it and you can do the same in theirs. Go to the "Journals/Bootcamp" room and start a thread, that thread becomes your journal, so name the title wisely! You'll see it adds a journal button to your posts.

Your questions:

1) Water is crucial to flushing out the system and for weight loss. It's recommended 64 oz. or more a day. People here drink a ton of water. I try drink so much I have to pee every 30 minutes or so, doesn't always happen, but I try! I would also recommend using vitamins and supplements. I noticed a big difference from not taking them on my first time on induction and then taking them the next time.

2) The Atkins bars are listed on their site as ok during induction. I use them and the shakes often for breakfast and it's not been a problem. People have differing opinions on this....

3) Weight loss on induction varies, some people lose 6 some lose up to 14, it all depends on your body, your resistance to weight loss, etc. I seem to lose about 10 lbs on induction. The book has good info and some charts on this issue.

Hope that helps!

Emily

thinmom2b
Tue, May-18-04, 11:58
Thank you so much for your help!! I will go start that journal right now.

Bethany

jagbender
Tue, May-18-04, 12:30
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182859
Carb bars and sugar alcohols.
Please read this

Welcome
Jag