PDA

View Full Version : Final results

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jun keater
Thu, May-13-04, 06:22
I had a doctors appointment and my blood sugar levels were fine. She said I do have PCOS without insulin resistance - which is a good thing. She said to stay low carb and continue to lose weight. I start bc to regulate my cycle next Sunday. It's going to be strange having a period every month after never ever being regular (3 a year!) and I'm 43. I just wish the weight would come off a little faster..... (don't we all?)

tofi
Thu, May-13-04, 08:05
Yes. I want a magic wand for my birthday so I can just whisk away all the fat I want to lose! :lol:

How nice that your doctor approves of LCing and that it will help your condition.

If I see the Whoosh Fairy, I will send her your way (after I finish with the little dear myself!)

hobiecat
Fri, May-21-04, 09:53
Hi Jun,

I have been doing alot of research and reading on PCOS and just because your insulin levels are normal, it does not mean you are not insulin resistant.
It has something to do with the way our bodies produce and use insulin, there is way more to insulin resistance than just a simple test.

Have you gone to see an endocrinologist?
Do a little more research...Metformin may help you lose weight and regulate your periods better than BCP's.

BCP's although they may regulate your cycle it seems like mostly they just mask the symptoms of PCOS.

Just a thought.

HC

jun keater
Sat, May-22-04, 11:32
Hi,
Thanks for your response.... "because your insulin levels are normal, it does not mean you are not insulin resistant." I have been trying to find that answer all along - I think I will make an appointment for an endo, instead of my gyn. Do you by any chance remember where you read that about the insulin levels being normal?

MyJourney
Sat, May-22-04, 12:21
"because your insulin levels are normal, it does not mean you are not insulin resistant."

My endo told me that.

jun keater
Sat, May-22-04, 22:56
Ok... that does it. I am making an appointment first thing Monday morning. Thank you!

hobiecat
Mon, May-24-04, 10:45
Hi Jun,

I have read that in a couple of different places, mainly books on PCOS and Diet.
"What to do when your Dr Tells you it is PCOS"
and
"The Insulin Risistance Diet"

Hope that helps,

Jessica