PDA

View Full Version : most low carb bars are NOT vegetarian?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nutty
Wed, May-12-04, 15:02
It seems that many brands of LC protein bars have some sort of gelatin or collagen in them. EAS, ATkins, Xenadrine, Carb Solutions to name a few. The vegetarian ones I found are Think! and Biochem, oh, and Luna Glow. Why they insist on putting pork skin in Chocolate flavored bars is beyond me :o
The Carbolite bars even have "beef protein" listed in stawberry flavored bars, Gulp :eek:

Elsah
Wed, May-12-04, 16:41
That is really disturbing!! I decided not too long ago that I was going to stick with whole foods. I am tired of reading labels and wondering what the h*ll is being put into my food under some other name that I have no clue what it is. It's a shame that companies are allowed to disguise certain ingredients. The only way to ensure you know exactly what is in your food is to make it yourself, unfortunately.

Jenn

vegangirl
Sat, May-15-04, 07:34
Yes, I was also pi$$ed to see that the bars all have collegen, gelatin, milk or something in them so I cannot have them.
>:O