PDA

View Full Version : Body Building for men.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Squintz
Wed, May-12-04, 06:39
I have a friend who is already thin. He probably weighs in at 155 to 165 ans is about 5'-6" tall. I have been talking to him about Atkins and he stated that he has been taking protein shakes a hour before his workouts to try and bulk up.

I was wondering if there are good site for men who want to get bigger? What type of routine do you guys follow in order to become more cut and have larger mussels?

Thanks in advance!

tcastro
Wed, May-12-04, 06:43
You'll find about 234092098 sites with 10834509 different philosophies no increasing your mass.

The plain and simple is to lift weight regularly and get a lot of protein. Sources like eggs are best, but shakes and bars are alright too.

The biggest mistake people make is not getting enough calories. How is your body supposed to build muscle when you're not giving it enough calories to even sustain what you already have?

Greek535
Wed, May-12-04, 07:05
I like this site:

http://bodybuildingforyou.com/

They have a pretty good message board for about any type of question you can think of.

fridayeyes
Wed, May-12-04, 08:13
A few common mass-building tips:

* get at least a gram of protein per lb of body weight. Yes, body weight, not per lb of lean mass. Take it toward 1.5 g/lb if you're really hitting the weights hard.

* get a similar amount of whole-food carbs, if you're worried about putting on too much fat with your mass, keep the glycemic index low

* Eat about 30 g each of protein and carbs within half an hour AFTER your lifting.

* do NOT run a caloric deficit

* lift big, but train major muscle groups on alternating days to provide sufficient recovery time between workouts

* get enough sleep - recovery and growth happen at night

Cheers,

Friday

Trainerdan
Wed, May-12-04, 10:38
Bulking up:

Eat big, lift big, sleep big

legwarmers
Wed, May-12-04, 10:50
Bulking up:

Eat big, lift big, sleep big

:cool: what he said!

watcher16
Wed, May-12-04, 11:59
.... edited ....

watcher16
Wed, May-12-04, 12:07
something strange happened here?

watcher16
Wed, May-12-04, 12:09
I inserted the last message to check if time and 'today' were erroneous. I didn't post anything at 17:59 today!?

Trainerdan
Wed, May-12-04, 12:14
I don't know about that ... maybe try posting in the Technical Questions area ...

As for your post, I removed it. Adding a link without any useful information to it isn't a post at all. We are trying to create an exercise site here, not just a jump off site ... If you can't answer the question, don't just post a link to a big bodybuilding site.

watcher16
Thu, May-13-04, 03:18
I don't know about that ... maybe try posting in the Technical Questions area ...

As for your post, I removed it. Adding a link without any useful information to it isn't a post at all. We are trying to create an exercise site here, not just a jump off site ... If you can't answer the question, don't just post a link to a big bodybuilding site.
Ok, I remember. I placed a link as reaction to this request from Quintz:
<I was wondering if there are good site for men who want to get bigger?>

So the link was an answer to the question. If you just mention it it takes no more place than the link, it becomes a link by itself.

Trainerdan
Thu, May-13-04, 06:13
... or you could just answer his question. ;)