PDA

View Full Version : Arizona support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sage
Fri, Aug-31-01, 11:46
Hi all,
Just learning to navigate my way around these forums, and found the good ole US. What a wonderful support system for all of us. Just starting today, a little nervous about saying no to things I love. Live in Az. if any locals want to chat. Or for that fact anyone!:)

fiona
Fri, Aug-31-01, 15:11
Welcome to the Forum Sage,

This Forum brings together people from all over the globe into one tiny computer screen.

I won't say the first few days are easy ... if anything the first day is easiest 'cos the withdrawal symptoms haven't kicked in yet. But stay 100% committed for just two weeks and you will be amazed.

As you have discovered already there is plenty to navigate through here. Starting a journal is a great way of keeping track of your progress and getting ongoing support.

Take care and good luck.

Tama
Mon, Oct-29-01, 21:47
Hello, Sage! Just found you today. I am new to low-carbing and I have been enjoying this forum immensely. I have been successful in losing weight so far, but people here know so much more than I do about this new lifestyle. It really helps.

Anyway, it is nice to know another desert rat is here! You are right about exercise being easier - now that it isn't 120 degrees outside! I noticed you haven't posted in a while. How was Las Vegas? The hubby and I keep saying we'll go, but we never do. How is everything going with your weight loss? I checked the journals forum, but didn't see you there. Anyway, just wanted to say hey and let you know you aren't alone way out West!

Luv, Tama

ps. how about those D-backs? :thup:

DesertRose
Sun, Nov-11-01, 21:43
Hello Everyone,

I'm from Tucson. It's great to know folks in your state.

Have you all been to Trader's Joe? They have great low carb products.

:rose: DesertRose

Tama
Mon, Nov-12-01, 21:55
Hello, Desert Rose! Great to meet ya. How are you enjoying the low carb wol? I have never been to trader's Joe, but it sounds like I am going to go. I am not far from Tucson, so I should be able to find one, right? Anything that you highly recommend there? Take care, and keep in touch!
Hugs, Tama

DesertRose
Mon, Nov-12-01, 23:54
Hi Tama, :wave:

Great meeting you!! There's two in Tucson. There should be one close to you. I'm not sure if you're closer to Phoenix or Tucson. In Tucson there is one on Grant and Swan and there's one on Speedway and Wilmot. Both Speedway and Grant are right off of I-10. When exiting you take a right. Keep on those roads till you get the the cross street.

They have alot of low carb protein bars. They have alot of marinades, dressings, and sauces that are 0 to 4 carbs per serving. They also have splenda.

Trader's Joe is one of those international food type places. You find things in there you won't find in the regular suppermarket.

I love this WOL!! I'm now in my 6th day and my engery is high and I'm ready for anything. :p

How about you? How are you doing? Do you have a journal?

Tama
Tue, Nov-13-01, 12:18
Hey, Desert Rose,
Thanks so much for the directions. I am definitely going to go to Trader's Joe and do a little shopping (or a lot)! I have been a low carbie since the beginning of October. I didn't have a lot to lose, but I still needed to lose. After the first two kids, I got the weight off with exercise, but after baby #3, who has the time? When everybody is finally in bed, I just want to crash! I have a journal in the T-Z section. I love this wol!! Can't say enough good about it. The energy is my favorite part. Wait, no the looser clothes is. No, the end of cravings is! Oh well, I can't decide. I love it all. How are you doing? Sounds like you are on a roll!
Keep in touch,
Tama

DesertRose
Tue, Nov-13-01, 21:50
Hi Tama,

I'm with you,

Originally posted by Tama
...The energy is my favorite part. Wait, no the looser clothes is. No, the end of cravings is! Oh well, I can't decide. I love it all. ...

I love it all. Everyday I feel different. My clothes are looser, my energy picked up, my confidence has increase, even my shoes are looser. :D

Keep up the great work!!!

RamonaK
Sat, Dec-01-01, 20:16
Hey Arizona.. by the look of the stats.. there are far more people in AZ viewing the site and not posting...Stop in and say hi... let us know you are out there... :roll:

I am in Phoenix... I have been doing LC for 29 big days.. love it... committed to making it a WOL .... feel so much better.. it is unbelievable...

Ramona

Tama
Sun, Dec-02-01, 15:32
Hey, Ramona, great to meet another desert rat around the forum! I have been on this new wol since mid October and I am loving it! My loss is slow, but I am losing, so who's complaining, right? How about you? How is everything going for ya? Great to meet you and keep posting!
Hugs, Tama :wave:

RamonaK
Tue, Dec-04-01, 08:48
Hi Tama...

Same here... love this WOL... eating things I enjoy... not missing the other stuff... that often anyway... and there are always alternatives to satisfy a sweet tooth.. :D

I have been LCing for just about a month now... I FEEL so much better... and I am losing weight and inches... yahoo!!!!

I am getting to the point where I need a few more food choices.. I try to alternate what I eat so I don't get bored and my body doesn't get used to it....

I have been exercising and drinking a TON of water...

I think much better... less eratic emotions.. etc....

thanks for asking... reaffirmed everything for me... :p

Ramona

coquina
Sun, Dec-09-01, 22:46
Hi, I just found you desert rats. I've been LC since Nov. 1, 2001. I'm a turtle, only lost 6 lbs so far, but I love not being hungry all the time, not feeling bloated, and getting to eat all the things I love and still lose weight!

Trader Joe's has become my home away from home. I do most of my shopping there now. Great butter, eggs, and I love their heavy cream (better and cheaper than anything in the supermarket). I buy their whole chickens, hamburger patties, bacon, frozen salmon patties (solid salmon slices, no filler), canned tuna, sweet Italian sausage, all kinds of cheeses, green olives, olive oil, macadamia nuts, peanut butter, decaf coffee, organic baby spinach or romaine or mixed lettuces...and on and on. I love liverwurst and even found a liver sausage there that doesn't have anything bad in it. Best of all, their food is healthier than supermarket stuff and usually costs less!

I've never dieted before, but am definitely in this for the long run.

Coquina

Meeker
Wed, Dec-12-01, 13:30
Hi. :)

I'm from Tucson, but I followed a guy up here. I've been in Mesa 4 years now.

Tama
Wed, Dec-12-01, 15:10
Hey, Meeker! Great to meet you! I practically grew up in Mesa. How is the wol going? Good, I hope. Catch you around the forum! :wave:
Hugs, Tama