PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Scented1
Fri, May-07-04, 19:37
and re-adjusting....

Well, it has been a heck of a week as usual. I had started gung ho on the Paleo plan, but am realizing that I need to take a step back and re-evaluate how and when I am going to do this full time.

I am going to stick with an Atkins-Paleo theme for now. But to go full Paleo right now has drug me through the ringer. LOL actually it is not that funny.
I have been a BeOtch on wheels this week and have had drops in blood sugar which haven't happened since I started LC'ing.

So, what I think I am going to do, is keep out as many processed foods as possible, which shouldn't be too hard, cut way back on dairy and salt and eat more veggies and protein. And a few nuts and occasional small bits of fruit.
The fruit pushed me over the edge. I was craving sugar in hours and didn't stop until today. I found myself eating LC cookies! LOL much to my husbands dismay as he had taken them out to eat himself. he he he

So, round 36 here we goooooooooooo!!!

nela
Mon, May-10-04, 06:37
Hi there!

It does seem to take some fine tuning before you find the exact way for you to deal with the changes.

It's funny you mentioned the fruit. The exact same thing happened to me this week. I ate lots of tangerines, made fresh orange juice, had strawberries...and had a MAJOR craving for sugar yesterday. I'm going to be completely honest and confess I gave in. I had chocolate like it was going out of fashion. :o

I'm not having any more fruit until the cravings go away. The fruit can rot in the bowl for all I care, seeing that my husband isn't going to eat it either (and he was the one who impulse bought it! Grrr).

Good luck to both of us!

Scented1
Mon, May-10-04, 21:10
LOL

I am glad I am not alone. :)

I have been craving something sweet tonight. Not like real sugar but maybe a LC sugar alcohol treat. I have been avoiding those because they are addictive.

I just keep moving forward. What kind of chocolate did you have? he he he

nela
Tue, May-11-04, 03:46
I had Nestlé Milk Chocolate, my favourite.....sob. :D A whole tablet! Couldn't stop myself. I kept handing tiny pieces of it to my huband in the hopes of not feeling too guilty. You know, like having an accomplice? LOL.

But the good news is I dropped a whole 2 pounds from yesterday, just eating strict Paleo! Maybe it was water retention from all the fruit/sugar?

Scented1
Tue, May-11-04, 10:28
LOL

Yeah I know what you mean. It is good to have somebody there to help us. he he

I ate only meat yesterday and released that 1.5 lbs I somehow gained overnight. I broke down and had some LC sugar free peanut brittle stuff. mmmmm

It is getting frustrating, but I am hanging in there. :)

nela
Wed, May-12-04, 06:26
hang on in there! As long as it was sugar free, right? :D

lisaw00
Wed, May-12-04, 07:57
Last night I had some strawberries mixed with coconut milk and stevia - yummy sweet - you might want to try it! :)

Scented1
Wed, May-12-04, 11:11
that soulds yummy Lisa! MMMM i have to get some coconut milk this week. ;)