PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nancy LC
Thu, May-06-04, 15:47
Ok, first time I heard about PCOS was on this forum. I had an ovarian cyst when I was about 20 years old, 25 years ago. Does this mean I have this syndrome? I did read some of the info about it, and they said that you won't necessarily have ovarian cysts to have the disorder, but they didn't say anything about the other way around.

I don't think I have, or ever had, the majority of the symptoms, other than a big old whomping ovarian cyst. Ok, there are a few there that I fit before I started low carb, but my cycle has always been rock steady. I've always been a little on the hairy side, but I'm blond and we're just a little hairier than others.

Anyway, just curious. I'm sure I was headed towards a insulin related metabolic disorder given my blood sugar swings.

willsmom7
Thu, May-06-04, 20:02
PCOS is much more that just cysts. At my last scan, I didn't have any cysts, due to being on birth control. Blood work is the best diagnostic tool, checking insulin levels, cholesterol, LH and other hormones.

If you are concerned check soulcysters.com for more info.

Good luck!