PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Sausage Patties

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Demi
Tue, Apr-20-04, 03:01
I know that there are a number of similar recipes out there, but these are my take on a simple and easy breakfast dish.

Breakfast Sausage Patties

Makes 8 patties
Trace carbs per serving

1 lb lean minced (ground) pork
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
Pinch of ground black pepper

Using a mortar and pestle, grind the herbs to a fine powder. You can, if you prefer, use the herbs as they are, but grinding them seems to bring out the flavour more in the patties.

Combine all the ingredients, preferably in a food processor, and then place in an airtight container. Refridgerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight to allow the flavours to blend.

Shape into ½ inch patties. Then grill on either side for about 5 minutes, or pan fry in some olive oil over a medium for 4 to 5 minutes each side.

I cooked mine in my George Foreman grill – I brushed them with olive oil first, and then grilled them for 5 minutes total.

If you prefer, you could use your own combination of herbs - and if you do, please share your ideas :)

gawdess
Fri, Apr-23-04, 10:36
yum yum sounds good

Kristine
Sat, Apr-24-04, 16:56
Sounds tasty. :yum: My variation is:

1/8 tsp ground savory
1/4 tsp each ground thyme, black pepper, sage
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 Tbsp Splenda

Maybe I'll add them both together. :D

RDS
Sun, Jan-20-08, 17:21
Thanks for sharing.

I can't seem to find sugar-free sausage at the supermarket. And the last time I tried to make my own, it turned out horribly....

I'm willing to give it another go. Your recipe seems much easier to follow than the last one I used. Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time around.