PDA

View Full Version : unprocessed protein sources

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ForgetMeNo
Wed, Apr-14-04, 10:45
Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been lurking for quite a while. I have recently decided that I want to cut back more on my processed food intake, but find it hard to find good protein sources. What are good, unproccessed choices? Also if I eat lots of veggies and lots of fat, will this cause weight gain?

Elsah
Wed, Apr-14-04, 13:55
I eat lots of chickpeas, walnuts, almonds, nut butters. If you eat dairy, then yogurt and eggs are both good sources as well. I have been using tempeh not sure if you consider that processed or not. I found it a bit difficult to cut out the processed soy and stay in atkins range carbs while having beans and such for my protein. SBD is a little more veggie friendly if you are finding it difficult. Best of luck!

Jenn