PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Corn Bread recipe

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kywoman
Wed, Apr-14-04, 09:53
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a small(8") iron skillet w/non stick spray & preheat while you are combining ingredients. Or spray 2 muffin pans(6 muffins each) but don't preheat.

1 Pkg. low carb corn muffin mix (Atkins, Carbsense, ect.)
3/4 C Oil
1 1/3 C water
3 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 C Sour Cream
1/4 C pickled Jalapeno peppers, chopped or 3 fresh, chopped
1/2 C shredded Mexican cheese

Mix together everything except the dry mix. Stir in the mix & blend well. Pour into skillet or muffin tins. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. approx 6 net carbs ea for the muffins.

Lickrish
Wed, Jan-02-08, 20:44
I've made close to this recipe using the recipe below for cornbread muffins using a tiny bit of cornmeal and carbquick. It turned out really well. The only difference probably is we put ground beef in our mexican cornbread to make it more a main dish. This was a major dish at our house pre lowcarb I made it one year for thanksgiving instead of the traditional and my uncle had 3 servings. :D

Here is the cornbread recipe (the only difference is I use calorie countdown milk) but the totals are for the half and half)

Carbquik Cornbread (or muffins)
Servings: 8

2 cups Carbquik
6 tablespoons cornmeal
2 eggs
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup butter, melted

Mix all ingredients. Bake 400 degree for 20 minutes in un-greased pan.

Per Serving: 271 Calories; 20g Fat (58.4% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; net carbs 6g.

renie
Tue, Jan-15-08, 17:34
oo I can't wait to try this, I finally perfected a chili recipe and learned to live without the beans but I missed the corn bread that usually accompanied it!