PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate shake discovery

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

armywife3
Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:54
I have really found something in the atkins shake mix. I love to have this in the mornings and anytime. I have discovered that if you use the sugar free chocolate syrup you do not need to use 2 scoops of atkins shake mix. 2 scoops is only 3 carbs anyway but 1 scoop is even less. Only 1.5 carbs. I put in 1 cup water, some heavy cream, some sugar free choc syrup, 1 scoop folgers instant coffee. It's darn good!!!!! I can't wait to find more sugar free syrup flavors and try them. I think the next thing I will try is the vanilla shake with some kind of syrup. The basic idea though is that if you use the syrup you only need 1 scoop of the mix. Cuts the carbs AND saves money b/c they last longer.

CONILUV
Wed, Apr-14-04, 04:17
Where do you buy sugar free syrups?

cheez whiz
Sat, Apr-24-04, 06:36
You can buy Divinci SF at TJ Maxx or Marshalls but be careful not not buy the other brand Artisian Coffee Roasters it is very nasty stuff.

pinkys140
Sat, Jun-05-04, 18:32
Thank you so much for posting about the choclate shake idea. I will try that right away. It sounds good for breakfast. I am bored with eggs and have wanted to try this. way to go on the big weight loss. You are a great inspiration armywife3!! :D

Tigs_aunt
Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:53
When I make shakes I use Koolaid instead of plain water.
I make the koolaid with either less water or 2 packets so the flavor is stronger and Splenda. Sometimes I make jello with the remaining amount with unflavored gelatin.

The flavor I like with chocolate shake is black cherry -- I put about a scoop and a half of mix, some heavy cream, ice and the koolaid and then use my stick blender to chop the ice and whip the cream -- makes it real nice and thick.

For vanilla any flavor is good, especially orange, lemon-lime, pineapple, and strawberry-limeade.

Last year I made one shake with about half koolaid, half heavy cream and then after I blended it I put it in the freezer for a while , stirring it every so often , took it out and ate it when it was frozen but not totally solid.

twiglet
Wed, Jun-16-04, 15:26
sounds fab i too am sick of eggs! please tell me wot splends is and where to get it in England, also how many carbs are we talking and also can it be had in induction? thanks - and posts to my journal please. x

evansangel
Sun, Jul-18-04, 14:27
Wouldn't have ever thought of this on my own. Thanks for sharing armywife, I'm going to have to give this a try. And *clapping my hands* over here on your incredible weight loss, WTG!!!!

penelope
Sun, Jul-18-04, 14:30
You could replace the protein in the shake with some plain Whey Protein Powder.
Pene